Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dension Install......finally completed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008 | 08:36 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by maxmissy
How did you finally get the song title to appear? I just get Track01 etc.

Thanks,
John
Hi John -

Press and hold "6" to cause the PCM to select CD6.

o Once in CD6 mode (which is the Dension menu mode), use the select dial on the right to navigate to Track List.
o Click the Select button once.
o Use the Select dial to highlight the "Ipod GW" (that might not be the exact text but I assume you get the idea....it stands for Gateway User Interface).
o Instead of using the Select dial to choose GWUI, instead press and hold the >> button.

That should do it.

Last edited by InTheAir; 07-24-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2008 | 09:43 PM
maxmissy
Track Day

Thanks - How did you figure that out?
Old 05-30-2008 | 10:25 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

It took about 36 hours of guessing.

The "directions" indicate that one of the ways to select an item on cars without a dedicated Select button is to use the >> button. Even though we have the dedicated Select button, apparently the >> must be used in some cases. Go figure.
Old 05-31-2008 | 10:00 AM
pmgoodwin
Racer

[QUOTE=maxmissy;5462678]How did you finally get the song title to appear? I just get Track01 etc.QUOTE]

It should display the name in the in the play list.
Old 07-24-2008 | 06:05 AM
Mikla
Advanced

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Hi John -

Press and hold "6" to cause the PCM to select CD6.

o Once in CD6 mode (which is the Dension menu mode), use the select dial on the right to navigate to Track List.
o Click the Select button once.
o Use the Select dial to highlight the GWUI (that might not be the exact text but I assume you get the idea....it stands for Gateway User Interface).
o Instead of using the Select dial to choose GWUI, instead press and hold the >> button.

That should do it.
Thanks! Did it and worked fine. The exact option is Ipod GW.
Old 07-24-2008 | 08:21 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Glad it worked for you!

It caused me some frustration for a couple days trying to get the system to work. I ain't too smart.
Old 07-24-2008 | 12:01 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Uhmm, you can plug into the CD changer's unused power cable for power to the Dension, but there is no fiber optic cable going to the unused CD changer that I'm aware of, so I don't think that is possible.

But, I'm not positive. Perhaps the install guide has more detail..... heheh (I jest)
Actually, I DID find an unused fibre optic cable in the trunk of my non-CDC C2S. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that my car was also originally a non-NAV car, but did have the NAV unit retrofitted. But there it was, under the carpet in the lower portion of the trunk, an un-used fibre optic lead.

I left it alone and tapped into the NAV fibre optic anyway, simply because it was quicker and easier than trying to re-route the existing cable (it's taped/secured in a number of places and appears to be so from the factory) up to the NAV area where I wanted to place the Dension unit.
Old 07-24-2008 | 12:36 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by purrybonker
Actually, I DID find an unused fibre optic cable in the trunk of my non-CDC C2S. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that my car was also originally a non-NAV car, but did have the NAV unit retrofitted. But there it was, under the carpet in the lower portion of the trunk, an un-used fibre optic lead.

I left it alone and tapped into the NAV fibre optic anyway, simply because it was quicker and easier than trying to re-route the existing cable (it's taped/secured in a number of places and appears to be so from the factory) up to the NAV area where I wanted to place the Dension unit.
I have that too. My car is Nav-equipped. I couldn't figure out what that extra fiber optic cable did, so I gave up and put the GW in the CDC/Nav loop like normal.
Old 07-24-2008 | 12:39 PM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

I can comment on the spare lead found; when I retrofitted my NAV unit the original fiber that ran to the BOSE amp is disconnected and secured.

The other end is behind the brake booster. Disconnecting the old cable was by far the most difficult part of the installation due to the cramped location and the zip-ties that refused to budge. (had to remove the zip-ties to disconnect the connector)

Gene

Quick Reply: Dension Install......finally completed.