Sponsored by:

2006 997 C4s Cabrolet for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
jsmy1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 997 C4s Cabrolet for sale!

Just not getting to drive her as much as I would like....Kids have too many activities, so I am offering her up for sale, for the right price, I let her go, otherwise, I will enjoy her when I can....

I am the original owner, always garaged, Seal Grey Metallic with Black Full Leather interior. This means the seats, dash etc. are all full leather with stitching. Dials are white. 6speed manual, bi-xenon headlights, Navigation, heated seats, 235/35 ZR 19 fronts and 305/30 ZR 19 backs. Just put new rears on (pzeros), fronts have some miles left on them (also purchased road hazard on all four). (((Also, includes a free set of brand new tires, tires are not mounted, still have stickers on them, Yokohama Advan Sports, so the car has brand new rear pzeros, + you get the yokohama's)))). Mileage is just under 15k as it sits today. Haven't had any warranty issues, although did have her serviced and they said they did update a recall issue with the cooling fan coming on...

Options are as follows:
Seal Grey Metallic
Black Full Leather
Black Mats-porsche Lettering
Power seat package
Self dimming mirrors
Heated front seats
19" Carrera Classic wheels
Wheel caps with colored crest
module for Telephone PCM
Navigation for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Also added aftermarket:
Nora Car cover,
remote top controller, by SmartTop. Remote top controller allows you to open and close the top with the remote, adds horn beep when you lock and unluck, adds one touch windows, lock etc. unit is fully programmable. Also makes it so that you don't accidentally unlock the car when your keys are in your pocket.
Only other change I added is the clear side light covers, still have the originals as well. (pictures also may show Valentine one radar detector with remote display which is NOT included in sale)

Original sticker was just under $110,000.00
Will let her go for $89,999 and you get the extra set of tires as well.
Have Pink slip in hand....
Northern California Car
Attached Images        

Last edited by jsmy1; 05-14-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added image.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:18 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful car, but to be honest, it seems like you are missing the sports chrono, which changes the whole attitude of the car. both the turbo and the non turbo accelerate more aggressively with the chrono (sports mode on). if somehow i missed the fact that you have a sports mode, than i appologize for this comment.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

No sense in dredging up the age-old debate about the sports chrono. Rest assured, though, that the car accelerates the same with or without it.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nugget
No sense in dredging up the age-old debate about the sports chrono. Rest assured, though, that the car accelerates the same with or without it.
i am sorry-that is just not correct. if you drive both cars, common sense would tell you that what you are saying is not correct. the car has no more horse power with the sports button engaged, but the accelerator pedal is remapped, or more sensitive. i don't know if you have a sports chrono or not, but if you turn it on, then turn it off, you will readily see the difference. in fact, turbos without the chrono are very tough to resell.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:46 AM
MartyB
Racer

doc - nugget is exactly right. A C4S without Sport Chrono will not be even a smidge slower 0-60, 0-100 or whatever, than a C4S with Sport Chrono. The remapping is a gadget, plain and simple. As long as you don't have limited range of motion in your right ankle, you can extract every ounce of power to be had from a car without Sport Chrono. Regarding throttle, Sport Chrono just makes you herky jerky in the turns and requires slightly less extension of your right ankle to fully open the throttle.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:50 AM
jsmy1
Track Day

not really sure what you mean by the sports mode? I have the sports suspension, but that just firms up the ride for high speed turning etc. I don't have the sport chrono, as I chose not to have it, I think it looks lame, but to each his own. sounds to me like your probably a track car type of guy? the first indication that this car isn't a track car would be the convertible top :-)

thanks for looking, she is fun to run,
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

The exception being the Turbo, which does have more power with the Sport Chrono engaged.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:16 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

cube-the turbo doesn't have more power with the sports mode engaged (480 hp with it on or off)-it just accelerates quicker due to throttle remapping. with all due respect to my friends who disagree with me about the chrono, i can tell you that to my backside, the car is more responsive and takes off quicker with the sports mode on, turbo or no turbo. i personally think that porsche should offer it standard on all the carreras-why would someone not want the car to perform to it's max in all conditions? as i was saying, try to trade in a turbo without a turbo sports chrono, and see what happens. hey listen, this poster sure has a beautiful c4s-i certainly hope that he gets whatever he can get for that car. i personally, would order my c4s with a sports chrono.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:38 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

the turbo has more boost with the sport on (short amount of time) the 3.8 has no difference.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

john-i am not sure if it is more boost, but i know that you get about 10 seconds of more torque-actually, i think that you are right-the vanes open up wider and you do get more boost
Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by docjackson1
cube-the turbo doesn't have more power with the sports mode engaged (480 hp with it on or off)-it just accelerates quicker due to throttle remapping. with all due respect to my friends who disagree with me about the chrono, i can tell you that to my backside, the car is more responsive and takes off quicker with the sports mode on, turbo or no turbo. i personally think that porsche should offer it standard on all the carreras-why would someone not want the car to perform to it's max in all conditions? as i was saying, try to trade in a turbo without a turbo sports chrono, and see what happens. hey listen, this poster sure has a beautiful c4s-i certainly hope that he gets whatever he can get for that car. i personally, would order my c4s with a sports chrono.
Doc, I should've been more specific when I used the term "power." I meant torque, not horsepower.

For brief bursts of additional power, the driver can select Sport mode on the optional Sport Chrono Package Turbo. Under full acceleration, this selection engages an “overboost” function for up to 10 seconds, temporarily raising the engine’s torque to an astounding 505 lb.-ft.

That's why the Turbo is hard to trade without the Sport Chrono. Unlike in the Turbo, however, the Sport Chrono has no effect on the torque of the 3.8 S. In the non-Turbo, the Sport Chrono shortens the accelerator pedal travel to give the "sensation" of more responsiveness. It's a subjective benefit. That said, I like it in my S.

Sorry for going off-track, jsmy. Beautiful car and good luck with the sale!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
jsmy1
Track Day

Default not even an offer?

I guess that tells us a little about our economy right now. Now maybe I am asking a little bit too much, but I don't think it is that far off base with a second set of tires included. I guess I will just enjoy her for another summer :-)
Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you're price is a tad high.
One would think that with the new 2009's coming soon that a 2008 car with an MSRP of $110K could be had for $96-97k brand new. With yours being 2 years old and having 15K miles on it, I'd say your price is about $5-10k too high.

It's a very pretty car. I really like those wheels.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 PM
jsmy1
Track Day

Default I would be surprised

I know I could sell it for $85k, especially with the free set of tires, I had an offer at that off craigslist, so I might have a little premium on it, but what is more surprising is that nobody on rennlist even tried to come in at an $80 or 85k offer? that is why I say the market is soft. I also don't think you can pick up an 08 c4s cab fully optioned for under 100k, you might get 10% off on a standard carerra, but I don't think so on a c4s cab, more like 6%. But the numbers vary by region, and how bad someone wants a car at that moment. when I bought my car you couldn't hardly find a c4s cab in nor cal, maybe now you can? Doesn't really matter, I love the car, I will keep it and have a great time :-)
Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

it obviously is a tough market-in nj, there are big discounts on almost any porsche. i also think that you are a bit
overpriced, but you certainly have a beautiful car. it is easy for me to say, but i think that you are right-unless you want to discount your car, i would keep that cab and enjoy it.

Quick Reply: 2006 997 C4s Cabrolet for sale!