Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 997S, 3200 Miles, 4 Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
akim47
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the price is high... but maybe its a WA thing...

ms greta was on here selling an 04 C4S a lil while back for sixty something... was told her price was too high, and then i think she got her price...

so you never know... good luck on the car... and +1 on losing those wheels...
Old 05-24-2008, 01:27 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice looking car.
Not a fan of those wheels at all.
The car is definitely well equipped, but unfotunately options don't hold their value all that much. i think you're looking more at about $70k for that car.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:52 AM
looney2n
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nugget
Nice looking car, but man.... why didn't you drive it? Seems like a waste of a perfectly good car to me.
3200 miles in three years is, what, 80 miles a month? You've probably only put gas in it ten times! I've put nearly 20k miles on my '07 and I work from home and have no commute!
You are my kind of guy...............had mine 7 weeks and have 3500 miles on her!!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS Posts

[QUOTE=yellowcar;5441132]Tough Crowd. The Wheels are HREs.

Yes these guys are a tough crowd but most of their input is helpful. When you post FS as I have FS 2007 C4S Aero you will get honest feedback. Some you may not like but I think most members are trying to be honest with their critique
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

Wow that white 4S is stunning!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:12 PM
yellowcar
Track Day

REVISED PRICE- Ok, I am LOWERING the Price to $70,000 based on the input. Thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 12:26 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

yellowcar - You have a very distinctive car. For some, that is a reason not to want it. For others, it will be the reason they want it. I personally think that is an awful lot of car for the money you are asking.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:11 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 997, esq
The mileage provides a surpisingly small bump in value. It's one of the things that makes buying a used Porsche so appealing; there are many with ~10k miles, even when they are a few years old and options don't hold their value very well. Granted your miles are even lower than 10k -- but it just won't impact the value that much. Even compared to CPO'd 05s I saw 10 months ago at dealers, your price seems high. That said, I hope you find someone who is willing to pay what you are asking. Good luck!
i couldn't disagree with you more. especially with porsches, mileage is probably the most important trade in criterea, second only to the car/model type. if you read excellence megazine, the editors will say when they evaluate cars that average mileage per year for a 911 is 5-7000 miles. more than that adjusts value down, and less than that adjusts values up. if you buy a ferrari, make that number about 3000 miles per year. aside from actual model type, no other criteria impacts trade in value more acutely than mileage. some options have some impact (leather interior, nav) while others have little or no impact (wooden interior, tons of carbon fiber). having said that, i think that the new price of $70,000 represents an excellent price for this low mileage, extremely well equipt car. most prices that we see here are way too high-i don't think that this is the case here. this owner has barely broken this car in-whoever buys this car gets himself a whole bunch of car for $70,000.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i couldn't disagree with you more. especially with porsches, mileage is probably the most important trade in criterea, second only to the car/model type. if you read excellence megazine, the editors will say when they evaluate cars that average mileage per year for a 911 is 5-7000 miles. more than that adjusts value down, and less than that adjusts values up. if you buy a ferrari, make that number about 3000 miles per year. aside from actual model type, no other criteria impacts trade in value more acutely than mileage. some options have some impact (leather interior, nav) while others have little or no impact (wooden interior, tons of carbon fiber). having said that, i think that the new price of $70,000 represents an excellent price for this low mileage, extremely well equipt car. most prices that we see here are way too high-i don't think that this is the case here. this owner has barely broken this car in-whoever buys this car gets himself a whole bunch of car for $70,000.
Doc - +1 on 90% of your post. No offence, but PLEASE don't quote Excellence Magazine as an expert resource for determining Porsche values... I find their prices to be out of touch with market conditions and have been so for over a decade. However, I do agree with your other comments. This car is hardly broken in!

To the original poster - I'd recommend sticking with the $75K asking price and trying to sell the car on consignment through a dealer. I find that most Rennlisters tend to undervalue Porsches, certainly when compared to those willing to pay dealership prices for "pre-owned" cars....

Good luck with the sale.

-Blake
Old 05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't disagree with much of your post and, with respect, believe you have totally missed my point. The fact that the value adjusts when a vehicle is above the 5000-7000 per year is simply because the mileage is above average. Of course, an above average mileage means a below average price -- and vice-versa. My point is that annual depreciation is far greater drag on a value than a below average mileage is a plus on a car of this vintage. You may gain a couple of grand for your low mileage, but you'll lose significantly more EVERY YEAR in depreciation over the first three years. You will not get $10K extra or anything for a low miles car versus a high miles car, unless it is an older car / collectible. That said, the car's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. $70K is more competitive than $75K and there maybe someone who wants a car with these options, etc. and who is willing to pay that price. I would think a CPO'd vehicle would be more attractive and available for near that price.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Kamran
Intermediate

You may gain a couple of grand for your low mileage, but you'll lose significantly more EVERY YEAR in depreciation over the first three years.
Seen it happening all the time (unless you got a carrera GT or such).
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

this is a tough situation-this car new couldn't be had for less than 80k-i would imagine that new, with pccbs and full leather, that this car new would have an msrp of about 103-105k. let's say that you could then buy this car now for a 10% discount-the car would then sell for about 94k. his car is 3 years old, but he has super low miles-assuming normal miles, his car is probably worth about 60% msrp (typical lease)-which would put him at around 63k-but that assumes that he has 36000 miles on his car-what i am saying is that with his level of equipment and his low miles, i don't think that his asking price is unrealistic, for someone looking for a car so equipt. si i guess that i would disagree with some of you telling the poster that his price is way off.
Doc, what value do you place on PCCBs on a pre-owned car? I think 70K is an extremely fair price if you look past the wheels.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Don't sell it on Rennlist. Too many smart guys. Sell it on eBay or Craigslist or Autotrader. You're more likely to find some young guy with money who'll think it's a bargain.

Quick Reply: 2005 997S, 3200 Miles, 4 Sale