2006 Carrera 4S for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile 2006 Carrera 4S for Sale

Hello,

I have a sudden opportunity to move into a 997 Turbo, so I'm putting feelers out to sell my current 2006 Carrera 4S. The car has 18,700+ miles on it, and has always been garaged (see pictures below). I've put 8,000 miles on the car since I purchased it, and drive it everyday, everywhere. With that being said, you should know that I am a bit '****' about keeping it clean. Since discovering Zaino the car has seen nothing else used in my care. Washings occur twice weekly, and once a month the wheels come off completely to be cleaned off the car and have the undercarriage/wheel wells cleaned (I have a lift in my garage).

The factory options/specs for the car:

-Exterior color: Black
-Interior color: FULL Black Leather
-Interior options: Carbon Package
-Navigation
-Bose
-Floor Mats (!)
-Sport Chrono
-Adaptive Sport Seats
-Heated Seats
-Guards Red Seatbelts
-6 Speed Manual
-Michelin Pilot Sport 2's on 'lobsters' (50% wear)

The goodies that I've added:

-Alcantara GT3 Steering wheel
(original included)
-Alcantara GT3 Shift ****/boot
(original included)
-Short Shift Kit
(original included)
-Llyods Custom Black Mats: Carrera 4S with "S" in red
(original included)
-Llyods Custom Package Tray Mat: Carrera 4S with "S" in red
-Rear emblem replaced with "S" in red
(original included)
-Techart style rear spoiler
-Muffler mod by dFister (awesome by the way)
-GT3 Brake ducts
(originals included)
-Tooki Bluetooth for cell phone via NAV
-Denison iPod connector via NAV
-Smarttop controller for windows, alarm chirp, etc.
-Speck 2.5 iPhone cradle replaces ashtray (pic)
(original included)
-Wheel spacers
-Tow hook license plate holder
-3M Clear Bra on bumper
-Silver emblem on the hood
(original included)
Clear side markers

Also comes with the car:

-Original factory black lobsters with 30% PS2's
-Aftermarket 18" lobster knock-offs with 80% Alpin winter tires
(I liked the lobster look, so even in winter the car looks and handles
the way it should)
-Aluminum race pedals (footrest, clutch, brake, heel/toe gas)

Newly lowered price: $74,995 before it goes to eBay after Memorial Day. I would really like to sell this car to an enthusiast. More pictures on page 2 of this post.

I can be reached on my cell: 631-355-1073 or by PM. I'd give my email, but then I'd probably get spammed, so that's available by PM also. I welcome and encourage all PPIs.

-Mike

These pictures were taken at various times:

Last edited by ibmiked; 05-25-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike -

As you know, I was looking for an 06 C4S and have to say that your price seems VERY fair, especially considering all of your addons and extras included. Good luck in your sale.

(I'm joining you in getting a TT. )
Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a beautifully set up car.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That's a hell of a deal on a beautiful car.
Someone's gonna jump on that in a heartbeat.

Best of luck to you.
I love your list of goodies.

Isn't the smarttop for convertibles?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope, not just for cabs:

https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/ind...ew&idlistpos=1
Old 05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy Mother! Sir, your C4S is magnificent.

What a beauty!

With winter tires, too? Ahhh, that's WAY tempting....

Great deal!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Thank you everyone, you are all very gracious. I must say I never anticipated the response I have gotten. I just put together what I thought was my ideal Porsche, seems I'm not as kooky as I thought.

The smarttop module in the car raises and lowers the windows via key fob, chirps the alarm audibly when you lock or unlock the car, transforms the passenger window into one touch up and down similar to the drivers window, and creates a delayed response in the trunk opening from the remote. Anyone who has put their keys into a jeans pocket knows its easy to accidentally open the trunk. I believe the Cab version is different, but very similar.

I forgot to mention that I also have 2 additional front PS2's for the car with 95% tread. My wife wonders where all these tires come from. Try explaining why you need 2 $400 tires when you get 1 flat.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Let me know when you're ready to sell that garage!

By the way, the Smart Top on the cab does all the things you mentioned, plus allows one-touch operation of the soft top, as well as remote operation with the key fob. I loved it.
Good luck finding an appreciative buyer.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice car, but if the dealer is willing to give you 80K on an 06, I would take that and run.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Very nice car, but if the dealer is willing to give you 80K on an 06, I would take that and run.
I agree, I traded my 06 C4S on my 08 Turbo I only got 76K about 9 months ago and my car only had 5k miles on it and was dead mint.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy toledo, that car is the shizzle. where were you in my life when i bought my S last December?

anyhoo, i don't need a porsche now, but what else do you have for sale? i could use a new house so if you treat yours as well as you do that car, maybe we can talk. :-)
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

A great deal. I'm sure someone out there will be e-mailing you soon. Good luck with the new Turbo, my next dream to be fulfilled.

Jay
Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

let me be the devil's advocate. with the new upgrade coming up, i am not sure that this beautiful 06 c4s is worth 80 k to another buyer, as a brand new one (without the tooki and tires) can be had for 90-92k (i did-10% off msrp). in addition, why would the poster sell it for supposedly the same value as trade in, as if he traded it in on the turbo, he would get an 80k tax credit (approx $5600), which he would be giving up by selling to a private party. i am just asking some logical questions.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:35 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Hi doc, those are some logical questions. Because this was intended to be a For Sale posting, I didn't want to convolute things by unwinding my entire deal here and possibly confusing things. I've been told flat out by the dealer that they wouldn't give me additional valuation on the car for the extras (the list is above), so I'm valuing them at a price in mind that I can sell them for here and elsewhere in short order to come up with the $80k number.

The biggest pain in the butt is the fact that I have to remove everything and then deal with various buyers to reach that number. For that I would be willing to take some additional hit on the sales tax, since it could be weeks or months before I make myself whole again on the money. The deal on the Turbo is such that financially I'm going to come out a-ok no matter what, and missing out on the car could cost me much more down the road if I upgrade. I should have chosen my words more carefully to avoid confusion.

This car may not make sense to someone cross shopping it with an '09. I've never bought any of my Porsches new, and the reasons have been discussed on this board many times. I think you would buy this car if;

1. $10 - $12k (plus extra tires etc.) is too much for the buyer to swallow
2. You only have $80,000 and realize you can get a nice '06 C4S for the same money you can get a 2009 C2 or C2S
3. You do not wish to wait until the Fall to take delivery of your new car (assuming you had to build it to these specs)
4. You do not believe that you can negotiate 10% off a dealers new car allocation
5. Something about the new styling makes you like the '05-'08 cars better

I'm certain I've missed a few, but the point is that not everyone buys new, and that's why we have a used P-car market. I appreciate the spirit and tone of your post, these are definitely considerations any potential buyer should think through. I can assure you that the car is as-presented, and encourage any buyer to arrange a pre-purchase inspection. If there are any other questions I will gladly field them.

-Mike
Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Thanx for your reply mike. What you say makes complete sense to me and you are correct-whoever is lucky enough to buy your car is going to get one well valued complete package that will serve them well in all weather conditions. Drive that new turbo in good health-you will love it.

Quick Reply: 2006 Carrera 4S for Sale