Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Drive event @ Mid-Ohio....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Porsche Drive event @ Mid-Ohio....

While it wasn't like the notorious "PDE" (Now called Porsche Sport Driving School) it was very cool indeed.

Drove: Cayman, Cayman S, Boxster S, C2S, C4 Cabriolet, Cayenne V6 (yes, I did just say that) Cayenne S, and GTS....

I gotta admit. Out of all the cars- the 911's (C2S and C4 Cabriolet) were the most fun on the track and seemed the most stable. Interesting notes were the C4 Cabriolet; it required LESS braking around the track. It seemed a lot more stable at the edge (based on my driving skills lol). But the car that I truly fell in love with (again) was the C2S coupe with 19" Carrera Sport Wheels.

That car was a monster; I could eat up track quicker then I could react. Before I knew it I was hurling down the track at 110mph and having to brake deep and get her nose to plant.

I did indeed set off the PSM as on one of the last 3 corners (an uphill left hander) I applied too much power as her center of gravity was off (my fault) ...I laughed like a little girl as my passenger almost shat himself.

The last event was taking the Cayenne's out. While they demonstrated great agility for an SUV, admittedly- they were NOT sports cars. And it was almost boring traving at 98mph in one of those things. The GTS was my favorite out of them all- and I did NOT get to drive the Turbo on the track- but that thing would eat up tarmac like it was the last bit of paved road in the world. Truly a finely tuned german SLEDGE HAMMER of a machine.

I'll try and get some pictures up; but figured it would be cool to share. I just spoke to one of my clients who went to the Porsche Sports Driving Event @ Barber and he said it was simply amazing- infact he's already booked for the master's event.

Man what an addict I am for these things lol.

I'll post pic's later. Cheers peeps.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you drive the Cayman S? Seems like a Cayman S would be nearly perfect at Mid Ohio.

. . . and give up those lap times!

For those of you who have never been to Mid-Ohio, it rocks . . . Here is a video of me driving there a few years ago: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19919439&hl=en
Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 427 Likes on 278 Posts

What is this? Where does it happen? Was it a one time thing? Is there a link?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
JonH
Burning Brakes

It was a blast, beautiful day and fantastic cars. I was in the morning group and must have missed you. Big thanks to you and the N. Olmsted group for the invite, Chad was the only one I saw before I left. I have to agree, the C2S was absolutely the best - it really felt the best for the track, although the strangest thing was talking to 3 other passengers in the Cayenne turbo while taking the kink at 100mph!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
What is this? Where does it happen? Was it a one time thing? Is there a link?
It was a PCNA/dealersponsered event @ Mid Ohio. I don't believe it's a one time thing; I sure hope it's not!

Maybe your local dealer had/has one put together for you guys?!

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Did you drive the Cayman S? Seems like a Cayman S would be nearly perfect at Mid Ohio.

. . . and give up those lap times!

For those of you who have never been to Mid-Ohio, it rocks . . . Here is a video of me driving there a few years ago: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19919439&hl=en
Honestly; I thought the Cayman S was a bit 'high-strung'. Sort of like my comparison of a I4 Sport Bike Vs. A V-Twin Sport Bike. I like the low-end torque of the bigger engines and not having to 'wring it's neck' to get power.
Boy was the Cayman S LOUUUUD!!

Mid-Ohio DOES rock!!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Jonh
It was a blast, beautiful day and fantastic cars. I was in the morning group and must have missed you. Big thanks to you and the N. Olmsted group for the invite, Chad was the only one I saw before I left. I have to agree, the C2S was absolutely the best - it really felt the best for the track, although the strangest thing was talking to 3 other passengers in the Cayenne turbo while taking the kink at 100mph!

I was the guy in the MB on one sleeve and Porsche on another/University Hospitals Heart and Vascular Polo Shirt. (aka the obnoxious guy!)

I was the guy who opened the window of the white cayenne V6 and screamed "FAIL!!" lol

I'm glad you had a great time! It was a blast and it was even better being able to joke around with you guys and not be in a sales showroom.

A big thanks to you guys/girls!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 427 Likes on 278 Posts

This NEVER happens around here.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
This NEVER happens around here.
THAT stinks. I wish I could help out.

Quick Reply: Porsche Drive event @ Mid-Ohio....