Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Natural" brown leather comments please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Natural" brown leather comments please...

Last year I was in a showroom and they had an '06 red/sand boxster beside a 996 turbo cab dark blue with a "saddle" color interior - I don't know what they called the tan color back in the 996 era. I remember how the brown/tan 996 struck me as unattractive compared to the sand/tan boxster - it seemed too orangy-brown or something.

Now I've come across quite a few 997s with natural brown leather and I can't lay my hands on one to look at in person. I have a white/natural brown car on my possibles list but it's miles away and I'd hate to make a long trip for nothing. Plus I can't help but remember my thoughts about that 996. Lots of midnight/brown cars around as well.

Anyone have or have opinions on the 997 "natural" brown?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edgy01 has the natural brown leather, and has posted a number of great pictures as well as comments regarding natural brown versus the other offered leather tones. Search for posts from his username and you should find everything you need.

In my opinion, a white/natural brown car would look great.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

I love the brown. Much warmer and richer than the sand beige. Photos make it look much more orange than it appears in person. It is a soft aniline leather. I have not come across a white/nat brown combination.

Unfortunately, taste is highly individualized. I would personally highly recommend the nat brown.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen one Macadamia car at my dealer with NBL. Stunning to look at and feels much nicer to touch than the standard or special leathers. I'm seriously considering a Meteor Gray with NBL and black carpets as my next car color scheme, either another Cab or a Targa.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:42 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The brown looks nice to me I have the sand, and like it, with the exception of the "glare" when driving into the direct sun (which is often in FL!), but the brown also has a very very cool look...very expensive and classy looking.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:24 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

I've seen the natural brown, and it looks fantastic.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

As you're reading, those with it truly like it. It's made from the highest quality hides and it shows. Here's what you're looking at:
Attached Images    
Old 05-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Jlangmd
Racer

I have had leather interiors in Ash grey, Black, Black with red (Nappa) and the Nat brown is by far my favourite. I was at the MB dealership dealing with other issues, and the salesman came out for a long look and was almost gushing about the color.

One thing to be aware of, is that with the Nat brown, the default color of the steering wheel column, the sun visors and the rearview mirror is black. I believe but can't confirm that the roof liner in a coupe is black as well. Edgy and I both have the sun visors in leather, which is probably more "important" on a convertible where there is no black, less so if your roof liner is black. You can see the difference in appearance of the rearview mirror on the two cars pictured here (my avatar, and Edgy's great pics). I posted some other pics on a thread in the 997 turbo forum, and am at a different computer now.

Again, personal taste trumps all. Some people like rap, some like classical, some like listening to old show tunes. Can't account for taste. I can't believe you would be unhappy in the brown. Beautiful leather, soft as butter.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:51 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

I too have had the lighter tan on my 996 and I liked it until I saw the Natural Brown. It is far richer looking, no doubt.

Oh, thanks for the info on the rear view and visors--I did not know this.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 AM
greenhouse
Advanced

I have it and like it with atlas. I think with white that cocoa would be better. or some other darker color. or a linen color. Not beiges and greys. But I have no taste, ask my wife.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default White with Natural Brown 997

I recently saw a white and natural brown 997 at Vision Porsche in Leesport, PA (www.visionautogroup.com). It was special-ordered in those colors by the original owner so there may not be that many around like that. Looks great to me.

Last edited by SKM; 04-13-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Good catch SKM. I'm not generally a fan of wood trim, but I think it really works in the white/tan combination. 997S are really amazing - the image/feel of the car can change significantly with color shifts and trim tweaks.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker
Last year I was in a showroom and they had an '06 red/sand boxster beside a 996 turbo cab dark blue with a "saddle" color interior - I don't know what they called the tan color back in the 996 era. I remember how the brown/tan 996 struck me as unattractive compared to the sand/tan boxster - it seemed too orangy-brown or something.

<snip>?
I like it with different blues, macadamia and white cars, maybe even the right shade of green.

cheers

Craig

Last edited by cgfen; 05-05-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added macadamia
Old 05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS Carrera FS Aero

Originally Posted by purrybonker

Now I've come across quite a few 997s with natural brown leather and I can't lay my hands on one to look at in person. I have a white/natural brown car on my possibles list but it's miles away and I'd hate to make a long trip for nothing. Plus I can't help but remember my thoughts about that 996. Lots of midnight/brown cars around as well.

Anyone have or have opinions on the 997 "natural" brown?
I have Natural Brown Full Leather in my C4S. It does have an orange tint to it. The smell is awesome and the feel, especially the leather steering wheel, is like a baseball glove. Did I say I love it a lot!?

My C4S is also For Sale and listed in Posts and Classifieds

email bella@wbrinsurance.com
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: "Natural" brown leather comments please...