Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation for diminished value

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
chuckla
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike-Estimate of $6K. Whether I need a new rear wheel is still up in the air and not included in that sum. Got Tony's name from Wagonwork, which claims they recommend him because he's an expert and not because they receive any rebates from him. I gather that the DV claim has to be made against the insurer of the woman who hit me, which is AIG. But I intend to make that claim against Encompass, my insurer, as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
mikejohn
Intermediate

I did ask to have the insurance company buy the damaged vehicle and deal with the problem. They were not interested. They don't normally do this unless potentially they could gain in some other way. The DMV appraisal is done after the car is repaired. Tony's appraisal will list DMV due to the accident and DMV related to the repairs. The insurance company will then tell you to have the body shop fix the DMV related to their work. This was trivial in my case and not possible to improve in the real world.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckla
I gather that the DV claim has to be made against the insurer of the woman who hit me, which is AIG. But I intend to make that claim against Encompass, my insurer, as well.
chuckla, you can make the claim against the woman who hit you also (option). I was in a situation where a woman hit me and her insurance company (Farmers) didn't do their job. I took it in my own hands and filed a suit against her. The insurance company immediately jumped in and we negotiated (the insurance company and I) a solution.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 PM
chuckla
Racer

Fluid-I will do that if I have to.

Quick Reply: Compensation for diminished value