Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What 5 cars you would pay to drive? or think people would be attracted to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:10 AM
sharmat
Pro

Carreara GT
Mclaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Lambo Murcielago
MB SLR
Old 03-21-2008 | 01:19 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default great cars

Nice, But need to keep the budget in mind, looking for 70-90K (used) cars and maybe that one higher end 150K car like Ford GT or a Ferarri etc...

Originally Posted by sharmat
Carreara GT
Mclaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Lambo Murcielago
MB SLR
Old 03-21-2008 | 01:30 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Some good feedback thanks

here are my top pics so far... again keeping in mind my original parameters...

American Zo6 or Viper still not sure (65k RANGE)
German Porsche 997 S (2006/7 65k RANGE)
English Aston Marton -vantage roadstor possibly- (100k RANGE)
Japanese GTR or NSX (70k RANGE)
Italian FERRARI (USED 135k PRICE RANGE)

Rough 435k TOTAL PURCHASE COST (ABOUT AS MUCH AS ONE PORSCHE GT)

Not the highest end of cars I agree but believe nice enough to attract a diverse audience. Keep in mind I am in new engalnd, not cali, here your lucky to have spot one of the following cars listed above on the road every 3 months....Ok maybe the vette and and a porsche here and there but the rest forget it, 3 months is generous.... Thanks for all teh feedback all...
Old 03-21-2008 | 02:42 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Who is your target?

Probably not people here as they can walk in and test drive anything they want anytime. And most people here probably don't have the time to spend on a day test driving cars.

If it's a fun thing then it's probably for people who can't afford cars in your designated price range. I have no idea what insurance and maintenance would cost but for sure if people are driving these cars for fun the car's life expectancy won't be that long.

If it's a convenience thing then I can probably arrange for the dealer to drop off a car and for me to try it for a whole day or weekend. An hour each for 6 cars that I might be serious about buying is not enough time.

So figure out who your target market is and why this is a unique service then do the math.
Old 03-21-2008 | 04:51 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

1. D-type Jaguar
2. Aston Martin DB2
3. Ferrari 250GTO SWB
4. Haflinger Puch
5. Bugatti Veyron
Old 03-21-2008 | 07:38 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Not sure I agree

respect your point, bot don't agree. Your in the extreme minority having the ability to have high end cars simply dropped of at your home for the day to play with for a full day....(the likes of a GTR, come on would never happen). Most people that would be interested may not own that extreme car and driving with a salesman with you (around here very rare do they let you take a car out alone for any certain amount of time or without a relationship woth the dealer when talking high end sports cars) isn't really fun. People interested in this would be looking for something different to do. I would not be targeting batchelor parties and the likes but hoping again executive retreats, corp team building even, etc.... Can be protected in the contracts people sign and even have in board video monitoring installed for a minor cost these days. Yes you will get that ******* from time to time like in any business and his deposit he leaves on his credit card and contract he signs would hopefully keep him from doing anything to silly...... Sometimes it is hard to find that unique thing to do... last month we had nothing to do, so we rented a helicopter for 1hr and flew around, it was fun..... it was either that or hit the target range and shoot semi auto weapons, 44 magnum, old rifle from war times, etc.... these were options laid out for us when we could find nothing to do for a corp executive get away. Wasn't many options, we tried to bring in some exotic cars but no luck.... there is a consumer out there that would be interested in this, companies doing it and doing well. So again although appreciate your thoughts can't say I agree with them.

By the way, I am a good cook and the day would be paired with not only a drive on scenic coast past multi million dollar homes but also an amazing meal, picnic style overlooking the ocean...... pics taken with the cars, etc... I think if done correctly (not just toss them the keys and let am loose) people can walk away from this event very satisfied at least that would my intention.

Like any business some risk involved but I am hoping it can work...

Target audience is important I agree but if packaged correctly is could appeal to a large scope of people...it will be priced at a point where the local rift raft wouldn't want to spend the money (nor could afford it) but still in reach for those slightly conservative but still have an interest in cars would do it..... the multi millionaire thats into could have a fleet to rival or beat whats being offered so that said although would love their business may not se many of them....

thanks again for your points though....any input is good input IMO

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Probably not people here as they can walk in and test drive anything they want anytime. And most people here probably don't have the time to spend on a day test driving cars.

If it's a fun thing then it's probably for people who can't afford cars in your designated price range. I have no idea what insurance and maintenance would cost but for sure if people are driving these cars for fun the car's life expectancy won't be that long.

If it's a convenience thing then I can probably arrange for the dealer to drop off a car and for me to try it for a whole day or weekend. An hour each for 6 cars that I might be serious about buying is not enough time.

So figure out who your target market is and why this is a unique service then do the math.

Last edited by mickfluff; 03-21-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2008 | 08:48 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Money No Object:
1. McLaren F1
2. Ferrari F40
3. Porsche Carrera GT
4. Ferrari 275 GTB/4
5. Lamborghini LP640

Keeping Things Real
1. Aston Martin DBS
2. Ferrari F430 Scuderia (F430 would be ok too)
3. Ferrari F599
4. Porsche 911 Turbo
5. Porsche Cayman S - anybody who hasn't driven one, don't laugh, it's a phenomenal car

If you do this be sure to get cars with color - red, yellow, bright blue - although the Aston should be in something like white or navy blue. Silver is great but it's everywhere and it's boring.
Old 03-24-2008 | 06:16 PM
997C2SCabMan
Track Day

Only 1 - a Ferrari F430, of course red with tan interior. Still hoping I can actually afford one eventually.

Quick Reply: What 5 cars you would pay to drive? or think people would be attracted to drive?