Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting and lugging, advice for traffic driving?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the good Doctor P has left the building, no doubt clutching his chest while muttering oaths other than the hippocratic one.

btw. one of my buttocks squeaked when I sat in the car yesterday morning. Do you think I might have damaged something?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jnx
Maybe the doc should have bought a tip? Does anybody else think he should have bought a tip. Has anybody driven a tip? How much is a tip? wait, I'm getting carried away, nevermind
I got your tip right here! No ..tip this....or that. For Gods sake tip something...and yes my butt creaked this morning as well..the ol lady had to roll the window down and bitched up a storm.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you imagine the conversation at a diner between a 65 year old waitress from New Jersey and Doctor Pee ordering breakfast? There absolutely has to be some comic mileage there!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ha serious that guy was a clown among clowns! Goodbye and good riddance
Old 03-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 224 Posts

I won't pretend to have read this entire thread,...life is too short.

It's a friggin Porsche for God's sake,...not the Mars rover. Just drive it...it shouldn't need ANY explanation.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:47 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said coochas....I drive the he__ out of mine...take care of it but drive it like mad then, in three years, I will get a new one and start all over again.....
Old 03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
joninoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
OMG enough with the questions from "Doc" already!!!!!! What is next, "Hey guys, when you remove the key form the ignition do you find that the leftward twisting motion causes carpal tunnel?"

I can't stand the questions, yet I just cannot pass them up either and HAVE to read what he asks next.
This was my all time favorite.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joninoc
I'll second that. And no more posts until you send some pics.
Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Now he's making up situations to fool us! There are no pics!!!!
JK, Doc, looking forward to seeing them. And my mechanic suggests not coasting w/the clutch depressed.
Sorry, pictures first so we know you're the real deal.
Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Show us the patient, show us the patient.
Originally Posted by GHills
Hey "doc"! Why don't you run along and go play dress-up on a honda board? Buy a membership on your way out too.
Originally Posted by cello
Dude: Don't get angry if others call you out as you can easily remedy the situation by posting a pic; even if it is thumb nailed sized or your camera is too busy or what ever else. You have to understand, those of us who have actually bought the car usually are so excited that the first thing we do is post pics.
doctorpcar to the photo lab, doctorpcar to the photo lab - STAT!!!
Originally Posted by cole328
ha serious that guy was a clown among clowns! Goodbye and good riddance
What the hell?

I can't believe you guys!

Berating this poor fellow just because he hasn't posted a photo of his car to prove he owns one before you take his question seriously??? WTF???

Shame on you guys! Not only is this doctor welcome here to post his queries, but he's welcome here without needing to buy a membership and without having to prove to any of you that he owns a 997. Simple as that.

Unbelievable!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OCBen
What the hell?

I can't believe you guys!

Berating this poor guy just because he hasn't posted a photo of his car to prove he owns one before you take his question seriously??? WTF???

Shame on you guys! Not only is this doctor welcome here to post his queries, but he's welcome here without needing to buy a membership and without having to prove to any of you that he owns a 997. Simple as that.

Unbelievable!
Taken to task by a fellow Tribe fan! Woe is me. Ben, you missed a lot of this saga over the last month or so. We started as you did - trying to be helpful. After it became longer than War and Porsche, after it became Porsche Place; only after that did it become too much for sane minds to ignore.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 AM
OCBen
Banned

Well, my apologies if there's more to the story than what is contained in this thread. I didn't see any mention in any of the posts referring to previous similar posts by this guy that may have led to suspect insincerity on his part. But still, it doesn't look good to an outsider, especially an administrator or moderator, and I think you guys could have handled it better. Just my opinion.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I'll agree that some of us got carried away a little too far, but most were good-natured jabs. We truly expected that the doc would post a pic or two - he promised more than once. And he changed his mind about buying new versus used a number of times and he asked a gazillion questions about every single detail from paint chips to cow chips. Sheesh!

The sad thing was when another new guy came on and asked a question - someone lit him up and accused him of being the doc's alter ego.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 AM
OCBen
Banned

Oh jeeze, one of those situations! Well, in that case I can understand the frustration you guys must have gone through trying to be helpful initially. It can certainly wear your patience thin when you do all you can to be helpful and it doesn't seem to be appreciated. Oh well, we've certainly seen our share of those types here. I apologize to you guys for taking you guys to task. But hopefully you can see my perspective - and any other outsider's perspective - when taking a look at just this thread.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:31 AM
joninoc
Advanced

I'll agree that some of us got carried away a little too far, but most were good-natured jabs. We truly expected that the doc would post a pic or two - he promised more than once. And he changed his mind about buying new versus used a number of times and he asked a gazillion questions about every single detail from paint chips to cow chips. Sheesh!

The sad thing was when another new guy came on and asked a question - someone lit him up and accused him of being the doc's alter ego.
I'm the "someone", and I didn't light him up. I was having fun and the new guy knew it (read his replies). He did sound like the doc in disguise. I also welcomed him.

Ben,
Read about half of doctorpcar's 200 posts and I think you will find some humor in this thread.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I'm the "someone", and I didn't light him up. I was having fun and the new guy knew it (read his replies). He did sound like the doc in disguise. I also welcomed him.

Ben,
Read about half of doctorpcar's 200 posts and I think you will find some humor in this thread.
Jon,
Sorry about my choice of the word "sad" - I should have picked "ironic" or something more appropriate. Yes, I agree, the new guy took it well. And all's well that ends well. Let's go driving!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yeah, I'm sure it's one of those "you had to be there" situations, and I know I've had my share of being in the middle of such exchanges in the past.

I just hope the dude was not terribly offended and will come back and laugh it off after realizing you guys were just having fun. He'll just have to learn to grow some thick skin and dish it out himself in return.
Ben,...you had me a little worried there. I was worried that maybe admin had you 'chipped' or something while you were away.
Does the phrase "miles to go before I sleep" mean anything to you?

doctorpcar, if you're listening, come on back. But remember,... you bought a Porsche that wants to be driven, not some expensive Italian toy that will end up in the shop every time you look at it funny.

Quick Reply: Shifting and lugging, advice for traffic driving?