Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put an order in on a July delivery C4S Meteor/Red.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:29 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
I don't think he got ruby, but meteor with red interior. Loud, but probably a stunner. I think the deviating carpets will nicely tone it down a bit.

I am in the waiting line as well. I think the contrasting painted sections will be great and ordered them myself, although mine are earth tones.
Exactly, I'm hoping the exterior painted center console and door finishers and the black (or grey) floor mats will be enough to set off the red. I also may get a Techart black/carbon steering wheel at some point and some interior CF pieces. I pondered the deviating carpet but it would delay production.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ajag,

Sounds like a great car. My C4S probably won't get in much before yours does, and I obviously agree with your reasoning for getting an '08, rather than waiting for the '09. My dealer has a meteor gray cab with the carrera red interior on the showroom floor right now, but I can't recall if it has the deviating carpet or not. The interior looks really, really good with meteor gray; I considered doing carrera red with a black dashboard and all of the other parts that would be black in Porsche's two-tone interiors, but I didn't want to add the extra time to my order. I think you'll really enjoy the car.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Ajag....that is a stunning combo. Carrera Red goes VERY well with Meteor. Until you see it in person, it's scary to think about, but it comes together well in person, trust me.

Terrible dealer pic, but Meteor/Carrera Red:

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-16-2008, 08:59 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Ajag....that is a stunning combo. Carrera Red goes VERY well with Meteor. Until you see it in person, it's scary to think about, but it comes together well in person, trust me.
Thanks Eric, do you have any interior pics of that car? I've found a few on the web, but none with the painted center console or door finishers. Also, I am probably gonna get some CF interior bits from you, including the storage bin lid for the center console, do you have any pics of that (other than the close up on your web site)? Does it match the OEM CF weave?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Here's a link to a meteor/carrera red turbo cab on dupont. It looks like it has the deviating black carpet but could really use a CF or exterior painted center console to break up the red. Also, I haven't seen a good online pic that doesn't make the color look too "pink." It doesn't have that lipstick look in real life, IMHO.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=458937
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Ajag. +1 on not waiting... mine should be here in march CB/SB with GR seat belts and stitching for a little red!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pred8or
Congrats Ajag. +1 on not waiting... mine should be here in march CB/SB with GR seat belts and stitching for a little red!
That should be a beautiful color combo, especially w/ the deviating stitching. Did you get the PCCB brakes? Yellow calipers on cobalt looks great!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 AM
pred8or
Racer

No on PCCB ... Red Seat belts to match the red calipers!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:50 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Well, a few reasons. One, the exterior updates based on the spy shots don't do it for me, I really don't like the droopy LED taillights. Two, as much as I'd like DFI with a little power bump and better mileage, the #s haven't been determined and I hate to be a guinea pig. Third, there's likely going to be a price bump and I won't get a deal off MSRP on an ordered '09 so it's effectively going to cost me 8-10% more (yeah, will probably save some of that in better resale I know). Finally, I'm impatient and I want to drive it all summer.
Those are great reasons.
Congrats again. You're going to love it!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Those are great reasons.
Congrats again. You're going to love it!
Thanks, though I'm sure as more details on the '09s come out I'll probably 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) guess myself.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks Eric, do you have any interior pics of that car? I've found a few on the web, but none with the painted center console or door finishers. Also, I am probably gonna get some CF interior bits from you, including the storage bin lid for the center console, do you have any pics of that (other than the close up on your web site)? Does it match the OEM CF weave?

Don't have more shots of that particular car. CF is exact factory-matched, same weave pattern, color, etc. and won't crack/turn yellow like some factory carbon does.

We can do the rear console painted after delivery for you assuming you have non leather rear console for swap, it's half the factory option price from us.

Email me anytime for more info. Thanks!

Here's a GT Silver/Carrera Red:

Interior shot of Carrera Red:

Meteor/Carrera Red Cab w/seatbacks and console:

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Wink

5/27 build, should deliver early July.

Meteor/Carrera Red C4S Coupe
Self dimming mirrors
Heated Seats
Adaptive Sport Seats
19" Turbo wheels
Red Taillights
Center console painted exterior
Door finishers painted exterior
Black floormats
Carbon package
Carbon door sills
Sport Exhaust
Sport Chrono Plus
Nav
Bose
Thicker steering wheel leather
Sport shifter
Clear sidemarkers (dealer will install)

That's going to be a car I def. want to see pictures of!! Congrats!!

Seems to be a lot of guys doing some nice custom builds lately. It's great to see! It's what Porsche is all about!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Don't have more shots of that particular car. CF is exact factory-matched, same weave pattern, color, etc. and won't crack/turn yellow like some factory carbon does.

We can do the rear console painted after delivery for you assuming you have non leather rear console for swap, it's half the factory option price from us.

Here's a GT Silver/Carrera Red:

Interior shot of Carrera Red:

Eric-

Those pictures are AWESOME! I love both those cars!!! WOW!!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:38 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eric, do you have a pic of the console lid installed? I actually put my order in already, so I'm getting the center console exterior painted from the factory. I'm definitely going to be looking for more aftermarket CF bits though.

The last pic is the closest to my build interior, with the addition of exterior painted door finishers and the black floor mats setting off the red a bit more as well as more carbon. Hope I don't regret it!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

If only the Techart steering wheel weren't so $$$$...I'd love to throw that in in black/carbon. Anyone else offer a thicker sport steering? Eric?

Quick Reply: Put an order in on a July delivery C4S Meteor/Red.