Sponsored by:

PASM on the base car

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM on the base car

So after a lot of test driving, I have decided I like the lower ride, the firmer suspension settings, and the adaptive nature of PASM.

But I never see them on the base cars. I see base cars, both C2 and C4 speced out to $97k, with one after another stupid trinket, but no PASM.

So I can either build a new car and wait, or take a C4 without PASM.

I know this issue has been beat to death, but I'm curious as to the thoughts once more
Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two arguments:

Have what you want, because it's your choice

Spec the car according to market and what people will pay for later.

PASM is one of those things where most people would probably say when you start to add that stuff you might as well go for a C2S/C4S and be done with it.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
WAC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a third option and that is to look for an existing car new or used that has what you want. In the end buy what you want. If you load a car up with options that you want they will depreciate dramatically. But if you keep the car long enough it won't matter that much. If you want a fairly base car with few options buy that. Buy what you want not what you think the next guy wants because a) you'll gues wrong inevitably and b) you're spending a lot of money no matter what you do so get what you want!

If you're asking for a recommendation I'd recommend an S. Quicker, faster, better. Has PASM too !
Old 02-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Dude, you want a arctic/beige C4 with PASM and not much else? You'll have to order it, period. Chances are almost zero that a car remotely close to your specs will be sitting on a dealer's lot.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Dude, you want a arctic/beige C4 with PASM and not much else? You'll have to order it, period. Chances are almost zero that a car remotely close to your specs will be sitting on a dealer's lot.
That's not my question. My question is asked with the full knowledge that I'll have to order such a car.

My question is whether or not I should bother.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by doctorpcar
So after a lot of test driving, I have decided I like the lower ride, the firmer suspension settings, and the adaptive nature of PASM.

But I never see them on the base cars. I see base cars, both C2 and C4 speced out to $97k, with one after another stupid trinket, but no PASM.

So I can either build a new car and wait, or take a C4 without PASM.

I know this issue has been beat to death, but I'm curious as to the thoughts once more
Your post clearly indicates you like and want PASM, so it's simply puzzling as to why you'd want any of us to reinforce or dissuade you. If you know what you want, then why the analysis paralysis? Always buy what you want.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Get what you want. That said, have you looked at the other options you want in the car, & added up the cost? Do you want Xenons? 19" wheels?... If you add up the options you get with the S, the bigger engine, with a broader torque band, ends up costing around $5k. A pretty good deal imho.

Quick Reply: PASM on the base car