Sponsored by:

PASM vs. Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM vs. Aftermarket?

Given that absolutely no base pcars come with PASM, has anyone had success with aftermaket?

I have driven with PASM now several times and frankly I like it a lot. I think I can feel the lower car in general and the tightness and firmness is nice in the suspension.

But if I do go C2 or C4, and there is no PASM, I would like to know what my options are.

And please, no "get an S" comments. I'm aware of the options there but I'm specifically asking about PASM vs. Aftermarket, not which pcar to get.

Many thanks!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:27 PM
WAC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What aftermarket? You can get suspension parts like adjustable coilovers, etc. to alter the suspension dynamics but I would think they'd all be manual. PASM isn't just a lowering and raising device but a system which uses "a series of sensors that monitor all movements of the car's body. The PASM control unit then evaluates this data and modifies the damping force on each of the wheels. The results are a reduction in pitch and roll as well as consistent road-holding on all four wheels." The system also adapts to changing road conditions and driving styles.

I'd sure like to know if there is an aftermarket system that can duplicate that. If there is I'd be surprised if it were less expensive.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:34 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point!

Quick Reply: PASM vs. Aftermarket?