Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to mount 997 S tips on a non S exhaust: Dealer states quite involved?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default How to mount 997 S tips on a non S exhaust: Dealer states quite involved?

I like the douple tip look much better then what is coming on my stock 997 exhaust set up so ordered a set of S douple tips, but heard the S exhaust is different (pipes I believe wider) then the non S so curious if anyone has done this and what I can expect.... dealer so far has just told me this is quite involved modification to get done and will cost me some $. So hoping its not as involved as they are making it seem. Is this something a decent local custom shop can do for me or is it really as big of a challenge as my dealer is making it sound?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the muffler tips are smaller diameter than the S tips, any good muffler shop should be able to easily fit them on. The dealer isn't really equiped to do that kind of work.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks

Thanks, I searched last night but searched more today. (this forum and others) I guess all I need is a sleeve that makes up the gap... one person even bought at pep boys auto place... for like 5 bucks. So sounds like I am in good shape and it can be done without a major hassle. Thanks all

Now I am thinking of having my tips ceramic coated black, any advice on this would be great. Thanks

Originally Posted by mitch236
As long as the muffler tips are smaller diameter than the S tips, any good muffler shop should be able to easily fit them on. The dealer isn't really equiped to do that kind of work.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

It might be easier to buy a set of S cans and do the exhaust hack. I bought a set on ebay for .99 cents plus shipping and that included the tips. Just need to get off my *** and do it.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default hack

the hack cant be done on the stock non S mufflers? The PSE hack I am talking about... or are you talking about buying s mufflers and taking the end off and appling to the non s mufflers type hack?

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
It might be easier to buy a set of S cans and do the exhaust hack. I bought a set on ebay for .99 cents plus shipping and that included the tips. Just need to get off my *** and do it.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thought you were referring to this

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=99874

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER

Quick Reply: How to mount 997 S tips on a non S exhaust: Dealer states quite involved?