Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your March build May delivery order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Hi. My name is Chris. And I wanna damn C2!"

Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Marty/Pred -

I guess I should have used more smilies.

I meant that Steve was smart not to track the price because it helps with the denial. (I'm not opposed to posting prices....in fact, they help most of the time (I did the same in my other thread)...but I was trying to be funny.) hehe
Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
b911s
Intermediate

Here's Mine!
Speed Yellow
Black Full Leather
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Seats
Sport Chrono Plus
Bose High End Sound
Floor Mats Interior Color
Leather Sport Seats
Fire Extinguisher
Standard Rocker Panels Painted
PCCB's
Door Finishers In Leather
Steering Column In Leather
Gear Lever Trim In Leather
Storage Bin Lid w/Porsche Crest
Rear Center Console Leather
Carbon Package
Carbon Door Sills
Carbon Multi Function Steering Wheel
Air Vent Slats Painted Black
Seat Belts -Speed Yellow
Y trim in steering wheel in leather
19" Carrera Sport Wheels.

Also going to have done Aftermarket as soon as car arrives:
PCM Center Console Painted Black by Eric at BumperPlugs
(Porsche is nuts at $2200 for this)
PSS10's
GIAC Chip
Full Tubi Exhaust
Ruf RT12 Front Bumper
Techart Type 3 rear wing
Champion Motorsports 20" RS128's
Porsche X51 Carbon Fiber Airbox

That will do if for the time being!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Finally, mine....(initial completion date--April 12; current completion date--March 20)

911 Carrera 4S

L2 Ruby Red Metallic
AT Black Full Leather
635 Park Assist System
XAJ Standard Rocker Panels Painted
267 Self Dimming Mirrors

XLF Sport Exhaust System
342 Heated Seats
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
509 Fire Extinguisher
P01 Adaptive Sports Seats

680 BOSE High End Sound Package
CDZ Gear Lever Trim in Leather
XTV Door Finishers in Leather
XZD Dome Lamp Cover in Leather
XMP Sun Visors in Leather

XMZ Rear Center Console in Leather
XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
CPT Storage Lid Bin with Porsche Crest
XPA Thicker Steering Wheel in Leather

405 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
CXB Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated

Last edited by InTheAir; 02-07-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Here's mine:

*cricketts* LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Well, I think I might be forgetting something as I try to put my list together WITHOUT the help of that blasted configurator , but here it is (a couple items with * are not for sure):

2008 C4S Coupe - 6 speed manual

L2 Ruby Red Metallic
XAJ Standard Rocker Panels Painted *
635 Park Assist System
XLF Sport Exhaust System
405 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
CXB Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated

05 Dark Grey Natural Leather (might be Black Full Leather)
369 Standard Seats
P15 Power Seat Package
342 Heated Seats
XSH Seat Belts in Silver *
267 Self Dimming Mirrors
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 BOSE High End Sound Package

XMZ Rear Center Console in Leather
XTV Door Finishers in Leather
XZD Dome Lamp Cover in Leather
XMP Sun Visors in Leather
CUV Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logo
CDZ Gear Lever Trim in Leather

509 Fire Extinguisher *
Steering Wheel (Still Deciding) *
Jeff, sorry to see you drop the Natural Brown Leather for the Natural Gray Leather. I was sooooo looking forward to seeing the Ruby/Natural Brown combo.

BTW - a couple of guys here have reported that the floor mats for the Natural Grey do not match the carpet. They speculate the the floor mats are a match for the "other" grey interior. FYI.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the thoughts, Tim.

It's not completely out, but I'm concerned about a couple things.

First, it comes with the Black Alcantara roofliner. I've seen pictures of NB interiors with the black Alcantara liner and I realize that I couldn't live with it. So, I'd have to get the NB leather roofliner and associated leather pieces.

However, even after doing that, I'm concerned that the footwell color won't be able to withstand many years of day to day, yearround use. I'm pretty neat, but snow, rain, dirt can do some staining. So, I've considered changing the footwell using deviating carpet.

At some point, though, I feel like I'm forcing this and I might be better off with a darker color. The darker color has some advantages in that they are a bit "sportier" to me, rather than elegant.

I'm probably going to meet with "the dealer" in the next two weeks to check out samples in person. I've seen so many pictures of NB that left me questioning if I could live with it. Dan's pictures are great, but others around the web give it a strange shade in some lighting.

Anyway, my order's not locked, so there's time to change.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pred8or
Steve what no Black Wheels just kidding....? Did you trade something in early in order to get that loaner?
No black wheels; I have to draw the line somewhere. I did trade in my '06 C2S for the '08C2, but only because the dealer didn't want me putting additional miles on the '06. I actually bought the '08, so it's not a loaner, but I bought it on a guaranteed buy-back with a set monthly depreciation schedule and mileage. It's a convoluted story that started out with them guaranteeing the trade-in value of my '06 in April or May, when the C4S is scheduled to arrive, and morphed into a scenario that had me selling them the '06 immediately, buying the '08C2 on a short-term basis, and getting a guaranteed buy-back on the '08 when the C4S arrives. It's basically a short-term lease, but it ended up being virtually no extra dollars out of my pocket, as the payment is practically identical to the payment I was making on the '06, and the depreciation schedule is identical to the monthly principal on the loan I had for the '06. Plus, Texas gives credit for the trade-in value of a car against the sales tax on a purchase, so the tax hit is minimal. To me, it seems crazy that the dealer would rather have me put miles on a new car, since they're going to have to sell it as a used (sorry, pre-owned) car in a few months when they get it back, and it will have roughly 1200 miles per month for each of the next few months until my ordered car comes in. They end up with two used cars, rather than one that would have had more miles on it if I had just kept the '06 for a few more months. But, it helps them with their sales numbers and their allocation game with PCNA, and I've got a very good relationship with them, so I was willing to do it. And, I got a new car for a few months, and got to see what a C2, versus a C2S, is like for an extended period of time.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Jeff,

I can certainly understand your concern about the staining, especially in Michigan winters (I spent the first 17 years of my life in Mi). My wife had a MB CLK Cab with dove gray interior, which was a very light shade of gray. To put it nicely, she is not the most **** person I know about keeping her cars clean. The day after she took delivery of the car, I sprayed the carpet and the carpet mats with Scotch Guard carpet protector. She had the car for 39 months, and the carpets cleaned up very well the couple of times I spot treated them with Wollite Oxy Deep carpet cleaner (that stuff is excellent).

I'll check to see if I can find the thread about the mats not matching the Natural Gray interior. You might also want to ask the dealer about this when you talk with them.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 AM
pred8or
Racer

Jeff, I had a M3 with light grey interior . After the floors got dirty I removed the matching mat and put in Black. They looked much better, hid the dirt, and matched the black rooflining. If you want Natural Brown I would just put in Black mats and let em match roof liner. I actually like your black or greay idea better but would probably be in the minority on that as everyone really loves that natural brown.

Tim,
Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
pred8or
Racer

B911s

Yellow and Black and Carbon sweet. My initial colors were Blue, Red , and or Yellow. I needed color. Are you worried about warrranty issues with all your immediate mods? With all your mods and PCCB's seems pretty sporty with no SSK?

Thanks for posting Tim,
Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
pred8or
Racer

Chris, Options seem a little light! Tim,
Old 02-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Chris, Options seem a little light! Tim,
Actually, after reviewing the options list I have I've determined I'm missing a very important option....

The car.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
b911s
Intermediate

B911s

Yellow and Black and Carbon sweet. My initial colors were Blue, Red , and or Yellow. I needed color. Are you worried about warrranty issues with all your immediate mods? With all your mods and PCCB's seems pretty sporty with no SSK?

Thanks for posting Tim,
I think by SSK you mean the Porsche Short Shifter Option. I elected not to have porsche do this for the outragious $700 or so that they ask. I installed a B&M short shift kit in my current 2S and it has worked outstanding and only cost me $200 and an hour of my time. I like doing some of this myself I have installed alot of mods over the years and enjoy doing it. In addition, i believe this is the exact same unit Porsche uses from the factory.

As far as the aftermarket mods effecting warranty, I'm not to concerned. Have also done these types of mods to other cars and never had an issue. Worse case is the chip which i can revert back to stock if the need arises. The exhaust is really of no issue nor are the shocks and the airbox is Porsche OEM so no big deal. Also my dealership is very good with working with people you do these types of mods.

Thanks for comments.
Bruce
Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by b911s
I think by SSK you mean the Porsche Short Shifter Option. I elected not to have porsche do this for the outragious $700 or so that they ask. I installed a B&M short shift kit in my current 2S and it has worked outstanding and only cost me $200 and an hour of my time. I like doing some of this myself I have installed alot of mods over the years and enjoy doing it. In addition, i believe this is the exact same unit Porsche uses from the factory.
Great suggestion.

Quick Reply: Post your March build May delivery order!