Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a grey seat owner ever swap for Black seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Would a grey seat owner ever swap for Black seats?

I am looking for a way to make a stock black leather interior on a seal grey car be a bit unique. I saw a recent posting where someone has black interior and red seats and it looked amazing IMO..... given the car is seal grey (going tomorrow to purchase is looks like) with black leather I thought a possible seat swap could look sharp.... maybe swapping my seats for the same (heated/memory) seats from someone with Grey Interior (or just buying seats ion grey and selling mine, what ever) as a black seat with grey could also look pretty sharp for the person willing to swap? Seal grey car, with grey seats, and black interior could be sharp.....I hope I don't get clobbered for the thought, just not a huge fan of the black on black with the black gauges and thought this maybe an option to mix it up a bit while staying factory parts and all.... thoughts and comments welcomed...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I kinda like the idea. Would be unique. Maybe matching carpets to the seats also.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default yes good idea....

just need someone willing to swap with clean seats....

Originally Posted by points
I kinda like the idea. Would be unique. Maybe matching carpets to the seats also.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

How about just taking the seats to a high quality leather shop and have them redone....Just a thought...GR
Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GR997S
How about just taking the seats to a high quality leather shop and have them redone....Just a thought...GR
Good idea, and likely cheaper unless you're lucky enough to find someone to swap with. I'd love to swap my power/heated black seats for similar red seats on my car, especially looking at the photos at the beginning of this thread. WOW. But chances are pretty slim I'd find anyone wanting that kind of swap. Years ago I had a BMW 633 CSI that was dark gray with red leather seats. Great combo.

Quick Reply: Would a grey seat owner ever swap for Black seats?