Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interaction among Porsche owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Porsche people are by far the nicest, most helpful, most enthusiastic, most down-to-earth, most knowledgable, and most economically and socially diverse group of car people I've encountered. The PCA is a huge part of that.

I attribute the quality of the people to the quality of the cars. It's possible to get a $5k Porsche or a $500k Porsche and there's plenty of manufacturer and dealer support at both ends of the spectrum, so it's easy for a wide range of people to get excited about owning a Porsche.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

came out of the grocery store tonight. eimpty parking lot.

Beside my 997, someone had parked his 928. I didn't get to meet the guy.

It made me feel good anyway.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The GOOD, The BAD, and the UGLY....

The Good, nice car to drive..some porsche owners, specially the old timers are nice (wave/light), occ stirr up a conversation with interesting people
The Bad, well where I live there are alot of those who own Porsche as status and really don't know anything about politeness. Also reluctancy to tell others
what I bought for similar reasons as mentioned above
The UGLY, now with the Porsche there are more little japanese cars trying to race you and cut you off. Also I have noticed that people...specially white males in pick up trucks...do not slow down to let you in when your lane is closed and more people speed up when changing lanes. This happens ALOT more when I drive the Porsche than when I drive the 10 year sedan.
abe
Old 01-28-2008, 02:32 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

....get a faster Porsche and you wont have to worry about the people blocking you!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've told this before, but it was one of my favorite moments...

I was driving home from the hospital on a beautiful Saturday morning in February in New Orleans, in my '88 Carrera 3.2 coupe. Warm (not hot), light breeze, and I had the sunroof and windows open. I pulled up to a 4-way stop, and a guy in a '85-86 cab pulls up across from me with the top down. We saw each other, gave a little wave, and both of us broke into these huge grins. Neither of us could contain ourselves -- it was just one of those moments when we knew we were enjoying a beautiful day more than anyone else on the road.

Great thread.

Quick Reply: Interaction among Porsche owners