997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Temporarily Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 08:14 PM
pred8or
Racer

Joe West from PCNA has not returned my second call! After talking to my salesman over the weekend he suggested I call 1-800-porsche. I thought to myself Joe called him and told him not to give out his number. So today I called Joe again. Joe did not call back. I went down to see my salesman today where he confirmed my thoughts . Joe did in fact call him and told him he shouldnt have provided me with his number and for me to call the 1 -800#. I got a little bit upset and said thats what I thought but too late I am calling him again until he has the decency to call me back. He said that would reflect badly on him. He then picked up the phone and called 1-800# and they told him they knew nothing about Cobalt Blue being discontinued and to call Joe West! I calmed down and said I would stop calling Joe but for him to call Joe tell him to get off his *** and get me an answer. Unbelievable its like who's on first with Elvis and Costello. On top of all this we put my order in and validated it on monday and so far it has not been kicked back yet!
Old 01-23-2008 | 08:29 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

FOUND JOE! Must be the guy in the middle, he's too busy to call back.

You spend this kind of money on a car, and they act like a bunch of stooges. Thankfully not ALL of the PCNA folks act this way. Many are really great people who respond to customers, dealers and everyone else equally.

After you get delivery of your Cobalt beast, I'd drop a letter to the folks at PAG (HQ), and describe this circus.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:30 PM
dD/dt
Racer

+1

This isn't a Chevy dealership, though you wouldn't know from talking to them. You're putting together a $100k car, and the guy at PCNA is telling you not to bother him?

I would:

1. Get the sales manager or GM involved.

2. Tell him you simply want verification and an explanation from PCNA

3. Explain that you will reconsider the purchase once someone provides #2. Until then, it's on hold.

This will let your salesman off the hook, and the dealership's GM can ask PCNA to work a little harder to smooth things over.
Old 01-24-2008 | 01:00 PM
pred8or
Racer

Oh dont worry I am not done with Joe. In fact ,if I was him the very last thing I would want is someone posting my name to the world ! Which thanks to freedom of speech and this forum I have been able to do. I also told my salesman I was doing so. It kinda stunned him a little bit (he said oh dont do that) my reply TOO LATE! Bottom line whether we followed the chain of command or not , Joe West of PCNA has dropped the ball! On top of that if my order doesnt get kicked back he fed us bogus information from the beginning!
Old 01-24-2008 | 01:53 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

I hate to say it, but the pessimist in me thinks that you're going to be getting a phone call within the next several days from your salesman saying, hmmm, we've just received notice that your order has been kicked back, due to the color being discontinues. I wouldn't take much comfort right now in the fact that it has currently gone through.

The Joe West crap is just that. Even if your salesman shouldn't have given you the number, once he did, then Joe should have returned your call, and promptly, and discussed the situation with you directly. Ignoring a customer's message(s) is terrible, terrible customer service. ARE YOU READING THIS, PCNA?The call he made to your salesman should have been along the lines of don't do that again.
Old 01-24-2008 | 02:06 PM
pred8or
Racer

Exactly! I am not holding my breath on the color, but that is why I want an answer. Its not rocket science. It is or it isnt!

Quick Reply: Color Temporarily Discontinued