Sponsored by:

Removing A-pillar trim?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Removing A-pillar trim?

I want to hard wire my V1 to the fuse box. I have seen other members who are running the phone wire between the front window glass and the A-pillar trim on the passenger side. I tried but the wire does not hide to well. I was able to remove the A-pillar trim on my 986; but, the coupe has the trim all the way to the rear of the pcar.

I also tried to snake the phone wire through the headliner down the center of the A_pillar. The wire goes down very easy; however, I can't tell where it is coming out. I have removed the two trim panels to the right (seating in the seat) of the glove box. No luck, still can't find the phone wire.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Harvey in MD
Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I suggest hardwiring it to the self-dimming mirror (switched) power supply? Basically accomplishes the same goal with a 9" span rather than 5' - and - a lot less chance of messing something up.

Or sunroof, if you don't have an SDM.

Search and you'll find an excellent DIY thread.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Rick for the suggestion,; however, I needed to run the wire from the V1 to the steering column so I can mount the concealed display there. I have found it much easier to see the concealed display on the column rather than looking up to the V1.
----------
Harvey in MD
Old 01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Harvey,

I just pulled on my trim and slid the wire in from the side. They generally just pull off. I did not pull mine off completely.

FWIW -I also tried the remote on the steerring wheel colu,m and ended up not liking it and putting in the dash next to the A-pillar.

David
Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dndodd

FWIW -I also tried the remote on the steerring wheel colu,m and ended up not liking it and putting in the dash next to the A-pillar.

David
Pic? ....Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I simply shoved the tel wire into that gap between the windshield and the A pillar. I put a few knots in it along the way to keep itself inside that gap.

Quick Reply: Removing A-pillar trim?