Sponsored by:

Borla exhaust : opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Liva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla exhaust : opinions

borla exhaust has been out for a few months so people have been able to get a feel for them...what are everyone's opinions of them...how do they sound? how do they compare to the other big brands, fabspeed? awe? tubi?. i want a nice deep throaty sound and these are very nicely priced, i was wondering if we had any reactions on these
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liva
borla exhaust has been out for a few months so people have been able to get a feel for them...what are everyone's opinions of them...how do they sound? how do they compare to the other big brands, fabspeed? awe? tubi?. i want a nice deep throaty sound and these are very nicely priced, i was wondering if we had any reactions on these
My personal opinion is that Borla makes an excellent exhaust. Don't know to many other companies that makes an exhaust for dragsters. They will be more aggressive sounding than the AWE or Fabspeed I believe. I currently have the AWE, while they sound nice they aren't aggressive enough for me. My car also has the AWE cats and X51 headers.

Dave
Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Liva

You are probably not going to get a lot of response because for some reason Borla has yet to come out with a version for the 997S. I almost bought one from Automotion (less than a grand on sale)last month but decided the money would be better spent on the track car.

Happy trails
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 130 Posts

I waited months for a Borla system, even after paying for it and getting many promises.... and it never was ready nor delivered. I gave up waiting and just did the Gundo hack on my stock system and it sounds awesome.

Matt
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Matt - I am running out the door to work, so did not yet search the threads Is the Gundo hack in here? If not, a) what does it entail, and b) what are the cons of doing it? Thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 130 Posts

Cole328 -

If you search for "997 3.6 Stock Exhaust Hack" you'll find my thread with all the details. It's a very easy hack that requires:
1) You remove your mufflers (12 bolts, 1 hour job, easy easy easy)
2) You take your mufflers to a muffler shop and have them weld in a intake / exhause crossover pipe (pics in the thread, cost me ~$150)
3) You replace your mufflers
4) you enjoy - click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0NpWNAj78

No cons I can think of...

Matt
Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Carrera06997S
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not knowledgeable about the Borla system but I have installed the Fabspeed sport cats and exhaust w/tips on my 997s and I love the sound. My friends tell me they love driving behind me on our jaunts just so they can listen to my car sing! I know that does not shed any light on the Borla system but thought I would share that with you.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 PM
andrewdr
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Matt - I am running out the door to work, so did not yet search the threads Is the Gundo hack in here? If not, a) what does it entail, and b) what are the cons of doing it? Thanks
You first, Delray Muffler.

Quick Reply: Borla exhaust : opinions