Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007 | 05:23 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Default Clutch Question

Okay gyus turning my 'experts' once again My car is an '08 only 800 miles on it driving amazingly, and no issues of concern. The only odd issue, which may be completely normal on a p-car, is that the clutch feels very "springy" when I am upshifting...almost like while it is depressed and I am shifting gears, I am feel a subtle vibration in th clutch pedal..almost the same feeling as you would have if you were pulling a spring apart and then letting it go. I imagine this is nothing to worry about?, and is perhaps due to the fact that the 911 has a relatively strong clutch? The car shift gears smoothly in all other aspects. Thanks in advance if this is a dopey question,my apologies. Just curious as this is my first 911.
Old 12-30-2007 | 11:16 PM
ECS
Pro

Hmmm... haven't felt that issue. And haven't seen any posts about this. Check with the top tech at the dealer and/or test drive another one.
Old 12-31-2007 | 03:53 PM
KenS
AutoX

I have a 07 C4S Cab its my 3rd P Car. I think I have the same clutch pedal vibration. When accelerating 4K plus and upshifting I feel a vibration at the last 30% of the arc of the clutch. I checked with the dealer and they said some do this and some do not. I took their word for it and actually like the feeling! Reminds me of a high performance race car at top speed. I may be nuts, but that feel and the sound of the PSE is quite thrilling.
Curious if anyone with real knowledge knows anything further. Enjoy your 08 and put some miles on it!
Old 12-31-2007 | 04:16 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Ken good to hear What you described is excactly what I am experiencing...to a tee! I never experience it on the downshift..only on the upshift as you mentioned. Glad to know that it is nothing as I was concerned that since my car is new either a) it was a problem, or b) it would go away as the cluth broke in. EIther way, does not affect my driving, as I also liked the strong feel of the clutch. Just was unusual.

Anyway, since yours is an '07, I assume that by now, you have drivem many thousand's of miles on it, with no mechanical issue? Did the dealer indicate at all what the possible cause was that some do it and some don't?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Clutch Question