Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question from house-owner newbie: Firewood in garage with car ok?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:30 PM
rmillnj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to partially heat my house with my wood burning stoves. Since we were technically a farm anyway I had a 4'X5' trailer that I towed behind my ATV. I would fill that with wood and put it in the garage. The wood stayed in the trailer and was replenished weekly, so no pile in the garage.

Mice or rats are your biggest worry in any garage. I always had traps set and poison scattered about. Never had a mice or rat try to get into the car, but I often found dead mice in the traps. They are hard to keep out if you live in the country.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Cytoboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, since your neighbor's garage is sooooo close, I would try to talk him into storing the wood for you. Sorry, could not resist.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Half a half cord of wood should not be a problem because it will most likely be burned in the next couple of months anyway.

Since the topic is firewood, this picture was taken yesterday and is the start of next winter's wood.

Anybody needing free firewood, PM me. You cut, leave half, and some of the wood is from downed oaks, ready to burn. We are clearing five acres.
Attached Images  

Last edited by NCporsche; 01-02-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spilling

Quick Reply: Question from house-owner newbie: Firewood in garage with car ok?