Sponsored by:

Bilstein PSS for PASM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein PSS for PASM

I just got a set. Any recommendation from somebody who has already installed them in a 997S coupe? As a side note, I won't do the work myself, I barely can change a tyre...

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Take them to a reputable shop who can dial in the height you want, Corner balance and align the car well.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

www.ngtmotorsport.com mine is going there for that on Monday.They're in North Miami,ask for Ramez or Silvia (305)893-1950.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Default I am considering the PSS system for mine

are your cars PASM or non PASM?

I would love to hear about the changes that you have noticed. Please post a write up.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

David,

Thanks for the advise. Do you have a 997S too? How much it will be? I was thinking of Champion Motorsport since they do my car maintainance, but I do not know how they will react since I did not buy the parts from them.

ewdard_generation
My car has PASM. I would post a write up after I have the job done

Generally speaking, I use my car mostly on the street, with some DEs throught the year. Before anybody mentions it, I know that the car is way more capable than me as a driver, but I still want to improve the handling. I don't want to lower the car a lot, I want to eliminate, if possible, some movements from the front end when cornering hard at speed with less than ideal surface...It seems like PASM can not figure it out the settings and start rebounding .
The car is very stable, but doesn't react as well to bumps as say the MRoadster or a Nissan 350 Nismo that I recently tested.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:05 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a no PASM 3.6 and I got the parts from thr Tire Rack.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:55 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fer2367
David,

Thanks for the advise. Do you have a 997S too? How much it will be? I was thinking of Champion Motorsport since they do my car maintainance, but I do not know how they will react since I did not buy the parts from them.

ewdard_generation
My car has PASM. I would post a write up after I have the job done

Generally speaking, I use my car mostly on the street, with some DEs throught the year. Before anybody mentions it, I know that the car is way more capable than me as a driver, but I still want to improve the handling. I don't want to lower the car a lot, I want to eliminate, if possible, some movements from the front end when cornering hard at speed with less than ideal surface...It seems like PASM can not figure it out the settings and start rebounding .
The car is very stable, but doesn't react as well to bumps as say the MRoadster or a Nissan 350 Nismo that I recently tested.
You'll never entirely remove that from the car. It's an inherent trait of having only 37% of the weight over the front wheels and MacPherson struts. It will always have some level of bump steer and certainly having a shortened, harder range of compression will not aid in that much.

For what it's worth, you will notice a significant difference in the car's willingness to turn in and rotate. You will correspondingly notice that you'll be able to transition to oversteer much easier with the coilovers. The car feels simply a bit more "alive" and compliant with the coilovers versus stock.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS for PASM