997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you had $10k.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007 | 06:46 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Yes, even with 350 miles and a "feel" that everything is fine, you have nothing to lose to complain to your dealer and say "doesn't feel right, not crisp, like the camber is out of whack..."

You can have an alignment that is incredibly off - if you search on my name you will ultimately find an alignment for my brand new car that I posted - it was terrible. You can go up to the limit with negative camber up front, which will then drive the rear camber as well. The stock control arms max out at about -0.8 degrees (some have gotten up to -1). That's perfectly fine for street driving. What it will do is start to remove understeer.

My dealer was happy to do it because they got paid under warranty. Something to the effect that Porsche knows most cars come messed up and if you have under 2000 miles, they are quick to re-align the car. My dealer gave me before and after printouts - unbelievable how bad the before was.
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:54 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

$850 for lobsters sounds like a great deal!
Old 12-12-2007 | 07:45 AM
TX996
Advanced

Default $10k

I just bought a brand new take off set of Lobsters (15 miles on them) wheels only for a C2S for $1000 shipped from Florida to Dallas (about $850ish)

I have a line on a good set of C2S lobsters that have some miles on then and need to be cleaned but I am assured they are straight and not scarred up. They could be bought for about $800 shipped.

If you are interested PM me sunshine and I will put you in touch with seller.

Enjoy...
Old 12-12-2007 | 07:48 AM
TX996
Advanced

Originally Posted by cole328
Gents I noticed many posts in this thread that referred to getting a new alignment. I have a question. My car is new, only having 350 miles on it. The steering wheel is perfectly level, seems to me to handle great, and the car tracks nicely on straightways...so, I am inclined to think that my alignment is in good shape, as I am only using the car as a daily, street driver. However, even with these positive characteristics, are people on here recommending that ALL new cars should have their alignments recalibrated once you take delivery, as it can even be more improved for daily driving? I guess there is some concern that while the car tracks and handles well, it could have beem "bumped" while on the boat and should be adjusted?

As I write this, I realize this is a post that ONLY a Porsche owner would even consider...most car drivers out there are not that attuned....

Thanks

Cole

Hey Cole... sometimes it can get bumped, rough streets etc. An Alignment is a great way to keep the car in line and tracking straight especially when a bad alignment from use can cause issues with ride/handling and chew up expensive tires prematurely.

Also some people are changing alignments to make the car handle differently for the track. More or less oversteer, etc.etc.... a lot of it is personal choice there.

Just to give some more info....
Old 12-12-2007 | 10:46 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

exhaust then the res for professional driving school - Jim Russel, Porsche Driving Experience
Old 12-13-2007 | 07:08 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
exhaust then the res for professional driving school - Jim Russel, Porsche Driving Experience
I agree. Driving schools and an exhaust
Old 12-13-2007 | 10:52 PM
dndodd
Racer

Here is the performance steps and money I spent on my C2S;

1. RSS plenum - It does add power and throttle response Group Buy Under $800

2. Ebay/Suncoast Headers - Again added power and throttle response. Power most noticeable at the high end of the revs. $250. Anybody want a set Cheap PM me. These are great cheap alternative to the factory headers.

3. X-51 Air Box, Center Rad (not yet installed) and RSS modified Throttle body $1500

4. Used AWE complete exhaust system - Great added torque and Power. Not sure I like the extra noise yet or not. Mostly I do. But I may throw the Stock Mufflers back on to see how it sounds with The AWE header and Cats. $2350

5. APR Software - Wow!! It ran really strong with the first 4 mods but this is great. $1200 and I can change the programing with Cruise control - Stock, 91,93, and Race Fuel. I run 93.

MY SWAG guess because I haven't dynoed the car is I am getting more than 380HP at the crank maybe as much as 400. Easily the equivalent or better than the factory X-51 IMO and I have not had the honor to drive a Factory x-51 car.

Let the flames begin!

Costs are for Parts only I did the installs myself.

Next up, (and I am in no hurry) PSS9's and light weight wheels and I will be done.

Quick Reply: If you had $10k.....