Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations on a hand car wash in CT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on a hand car wash in CT?

[flame suit on] i know, a shame i don't do it myself, but any good ones out there? anyone ever use the hand wash services at Splash (particular the Wilton location)? or how about Classic Shine of Greenwich? just curious as to what's out there. TIA
Old 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Sands
Instructor

Hey, don't feel bad. I don't either! Classic Shine in Greenwich is very good. Ask for Anthony. I've been going there for years and they do first rate work. I know there are others in the area that are good, I just haven't used them.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to Splash in Mt. Kisco in Westchester, and it's been fine. I don't think it's much of an option to wash the car yourself this time of the year here in the northeast.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

nice. good to hear. yea, i wish i had a heated garage with a drain-- would make things a lot easier.

unfortunately, my car is black and i have some swirl marks i believe i got from the dealer. i'd like to have those removed.

Splash is closer to me but Classic seems real high end. Sands, how much does an exterior only wash and wax cost?

again, much thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
I go to Splash in Mt. Kisco in Westchester, and it's been fine. I don't think it's much of an option to wash the car yourself this time of the year here in the northeast.
If you do like washing it yourself, you might consider Optimum No Rinse. You can do it in your garage.

(No affiliations etc, etc)
Old 12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Sands
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
nice. good to hear. yea, i wish i had a heated garage with a drain-- would make things a lot easier.

unfortunately, my car is black and i have some swirl marks i believe i got from the dealer. i'd like to have those removed.

Splash is closer to me but Classic seems real high end. Sands, how much does an exterior only wash and wax cost?

again, much thanks.
I haven't been in awhile, but I would guess around $150. They do everything by hand and I've always had good results. The number is 203-629-8077.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:31 PM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Originally Posted by uzj100
If you do like washing it yourself, you might consider Optimum No Rinse. You can do it in your garage.

(No affiliations etc, etc)
I never heard of optimum no rinse. Where do you get it? I would definitely wash the car in my garage, if it can be done.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

John

ONR is really great stuff. Believe that one of our site sponsors is now carrying it--Detailers Domain.
You might want to visit autopia and do some searches for reviews, comments, how-tos etc on ONR.

HTH

Here's a link

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=36022

Last edited by uzj100; 12-07-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: add link
Old 12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

hmmm, ONR sounds mighty interesting. btw, Coochas' thread is hilarious. thanks for the headsup.

thanks Sands for the info. i'll prolly end up going there.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Originally Posted by uzj100
John

ONR is really great stuff. Believe that one of our site sponsors is now carrying it--Detailers Domain.
You might want to visit autopia and do some searches for reviews, comments, how-tos etc on ONR.

HTH

Here's a link

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=36022
I just ordered it from Autogeek.net. Thank you for the tip.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Forget Splash or as I call it "Scratch". They washed my car over on the side, not going through tunnel and added more marring than I could imagine. Those wash mitts don't get changed often! They also wash the bottom half and top half with the same mitt.

Go to Wesport Wash/Wax next to the Crabtree Toyota, kind of set back, but owner brought over what Mercedes Benz and others use to the states. You'll see many high-end cars there as well.

Classic Shine in Greenwich is another great detail shop and I would use them if at all possible.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
I just ordered it from Autogeek.net. Thank you for the tip.
Great! I think you will be very pleased with it.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Originally Posted by Deanski
Forget Splash or as I call it "Scratch". They washed my car over on the side, not going through tunnel and added more marring than I could imagine. Those wash mitts don't get changed often! They also wash the bottom half and top half with the same mitt.

Go to Wesport Wash/Wax next to the Crabtree Toyota, kind of set back, but owner brought over what Mercedes Benz and others use to the states. You'll see many high-end cars there as well.

Classic Shine in Greenwich is another great detail shop and I would use them if at all possible.

Regards,
Deanski

thanks! i'll check out westport wash/wax as well.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
993-CT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used the Splash locations in Stamford and Greenwich, and ended up with swirls/scratches every time. (i have a black car) I tried tipping the guys extra for using fresh mitts, but I think the towels are crap too.

If you want to do it yourself:
After that I started using the self service carwash at Splash (Exit 13 I95) to rinse off most of the crud, get the underside/suspension/wheels, and then finishing off with Opt No-Rinse etc back in my garage. Double the work, but as you know - merely breathing the wrong way on a black car will cause scratches....

(Don't have the problem anymore because I store the car in the winter now)

Last edited by 993-CT; 12-08-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:22 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

New York Motor Club in Harrison NY.

www.newyorkmotorclub.com

They are the only people to touch the turbo, cept for me washing it myself once. I had the dealership only peel the plastic, didnt even wash it and get the residue off, NYMC took care of it all.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on a hand car wash in CT?