997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007 | 10:36 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

This thread has been very enlightening. As a soon-to-be orderer, I was torn with getting it or not, but that fact that it does not change the power output (but rather just the sensitivity of the throttle pedal), and the PASM is standard on the C4S, the only plus is the tweaking of the user settings relative to a particular key...which is not worth it to me.

I'm leaning against....but will continue to read.
Old 12-04-2007 | 12:56 PM
Pugnacious
Racer

Default Glad I didn't.

I had a few options that I debated when ordering my 997S, SC being one of them. I posed a similar question on this forum asking opinions on SC. At that time (20 months ago) the general consensus was it was a must have option, that does not appear to be the present day consensus.

I do not like the clock that looks like an after thought obstructing an otherwise clean dash. As for some of the features I absolutely hate front loaded throttle maps, some people find them helpful, I do not. I could find no reason for a loosened PSM threshold as the standard setting is so unobtrusive and PSM can still be turned off if needed. Some of the individual setting would be nice but in 16 months of ownership it hasn’t been a problem and I still don’t understand the differing rev limiters.

In the end I did not order SC. I’m glad I didn’t.
Old 12-04-2007 | 01:21 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Afterall, Sport Chrono Package Plus is just a $960 option for a $100K+ car. Consider all the gadgets that came with it, the price is actually not bad for Porsche options.

IMO, if in doubt, just get it.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono ???