Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an option on a used 997s

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007 | 10:42 AM
DennisVR
Intermediate

Default Got an option on a used 997s

I have an option on a black/black 997s from 2004 with 48000kms. It's currently located in Germany.

It has:
- PCCB
- Sport Chrono Pack Plus
- SportSuspension -20mm + LSD
- Sunroof
- Navigation
- Full leather
- Electric SportSeats
- Xenon Headlights
- Light/rain sensors
- Heated seats

Should i be worried it has been tracked ? How can i verify this ? And what could be the impact ?

The only reason this has crossed my mind is the PCCB and Sport Suspension options, which seem to be musts for tracking. The Sport Suspension is an option i would really like though. But i don't intend to track myself.

Someone i trust and has experience with Porsches is gonna check it before the final deal. But input from the rennlist community is appreciated
Old 11-13-2007 | 11:03 AM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Dennis:

So, it's a 2005 car, originally purchased at launch in late 2004, correct? If it was a rest-of-world C2S launch car, I believe that it would have PCCBs and -20mm steel suspension. Just the presence of those options does not prove or disavow the car being tracked, or course...

I would have the Porsche Center run a DME dump to determine potential over-revs. If there aren't any in a critical range, then "just buy it".

I'm in Munich this week - I just looked out the window, so I would not recommend driving the car on summer tires (it is snowing lightly)... but of course if you are in Belgium you'd need snow tires anyway. :-)

-don
Old 11-13-2007 | 11:29 AM
DennisVR
Intermediate

"Erstzulassung: 10/2004" I think it was first used in October 2004.
Old 11-13-2007 | 12:17 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

sounds like a launch car, which apparently is Code 762.
check out the VIN#. i believe Launch cars go up to 300 or so (last 3 digits of VIN). https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ght=launch+vin

i have a launch car and after 11,000 miles since April 2007, it has been great. no early-build issues that i've experienced (but make sure some early recall issues were resolved by dealer under warranty). and there's nothing to suggest track abuse with a launch car more than any other porsche.
Old 11-13-2007 | 02:24 PM
DennisVR
Intermediate

Looks like it's a launch car indeed. Atleast that means the previous owner didn't spec it himself for tracking Kinda neat it's a launch car, i guess Maybe i should contact Seinfeld in a couple of years, maybe he wants to buy it :P

Quick Reply: Got an option on a used 997s