Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein pss10's

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:13 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd wager that the PSS10's won't be available for another year or so. Bilstein just recently got around to stocking the PASM compliant PSS9's in the US....
Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Liva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i ordered the pss9's, now for a sporty street setting what do you guys recommend i set the shocks to. I do not track the car, but i do like to play on back road twisties quite often
Old 11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you driven a 997 with the PSS9's yet? Honestly, if this is a street car, I'd stick with the stock suspension because it's fantastic (base car non-PASM). If you haven't spent some seat time in both (your car as is and one with aftermarket), then you might be buying something you might regret.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
gab997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gcfen,

Way cool avatar!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Todd/A.W.E.
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,

There is a lot of confusion regarding Bilstein terminology.

If your 997 came equipped with PASM from the factory, there will be a little button on the center console with a shock symbol on it. Pressing this button will cause a change in ride stiffness.

If your car HAS this button, you can only install Bilstein Damptronic coilovers. Damptronic coilovers have been released for C2/C2S, C4/C4S, and 997TT. Damptronic coilovers offer two stiffness setting controlled by the switch on the center console. Soft and stiff, but both settings are stiffer than the OEM soft and stiff PASM settings.

The only way you can install non-Damptronic coilovers on a PASM car is if you disable the PASM via the factory scan tool. There is a document on our site outlining this procedure:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/...ASM_Delete.pdf

If you do NOT have this button on your center console, then you do not have PASM on your car. If that is the case, you can install any conventional coilover system like the PSS9 or PSS10 system.

The PSS10 system supercedes the PSS9 system and has one more valving stiffness setting. However, the PSS10 system for 997 has not been released yet, with no real ETA from Bilstein.

We do have PSS9 sets in stock.

Hope that clarifies terminology.

Quick Reply: Bilstein pss10's