Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007 | 04:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Remus Exhaust System for the 997S

Just an FYI guys, the Remus guys came by yesterday for a visit along with their full exhaust system on a 997S consisting of highflow cats, headers, exhaust and tips. I've snapped a few pictures of what's involved as we're going to be carrying the product which I think will cater quite well to a certain type of owner. Their whole aim is to have no resonance and after listening to it they've certainly achieved it. The sound is not as aggressive as a Tubi or an AWE that we carry so for folks looking for a "quieter" end result this set up fits in nicely. Under load it sounds very Porsche-esque but with a few more DBs. I'd say somewhere just above the PSE (as a full system). Knowing that they have long made exhausts for Tech Art, Gemballa etc... and on the Mercedes side for Brabus they've certainly got some pedigree and are not new to the game so to speak (They've also done a lot of OEM-type of work). We'll be installing it shortly on a 997S here locally and I'll let you guys know more then. For now, I really like some of the little touches- for example, the kit comes with "pre-made/bent brackets" so that you don't need to bend the stock ones when installing the exhaust (otherwise you'll get rubbing). The expensive "accuseal" style clamps are nice as well. The headers when installed don't hang any lower than stock like most of the other ones I've seen. This is especially nice for all the lowered cars out there....

The price of the system is as follows:

$1320 for the headers
$2050 for the cats
$1550 for the mufflers
$550 for the tips (so far the best tips I've seen for the 997S).

This doesn't change the fact that for folks that want something more aggressive sounding we go with either the AWE or Tubi (those are the only other two we sell for the 997 application).

NB: This will also work on the 997 but only as a _complete_ system.
Old 09-20-2007 | 05:51 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

tips look oem
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:50 PM
dndodd
Racer

My brother(he recently bought the Remus mufflers) put the OEM tips back on but had to make shims to get them to work. There is approx a 1MM difference in diameter (smaller} on the stock tip with the stock shim. He could not use the stock shim. If he had some pipe expanding tools he may have been able to use the stock shim.

I assume the Remus ones would bolt on.
Old 09-21-2007 | 04:26 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey dndodd, I can see why that would happen but the kit that we have here and were shown comes with them. I wonder if when it comes as "system" it's missing those needed sleeves?
Old 09-21-2007 | 04:27 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
tips look oem
hey drdrilz (a dentist by any chance) I'll try to snap some better shots but they're actually quite different. They don't go gold either from what I can tell. They're not as "large" as the EVO ones though. Again, more subtle I guess.
Old 09-22-2007 | 04:58 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Originally Posted by sharkster
hey drdrilz (a dentist by any chance) I'll try to snap some better shots but they're actually quite different. They don't go gold either from what I can tell. They're not as "large" as the EVO ones though. Again, more subtle I guess.
yes alex, dentist. gotcha on the tips. i wish there were a porsche center like yours in atlanta.
Old 09-28-2007 | 05:43 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
yes alex, dentist. gotcha on the tips. i wish there were a porsche center like yours in atlanta.
Why do all dentists drive fast cars? It makes for great conversation tho!

Thanks for the kind words on that...

Quick Reply: Remus Exhaust System for the 997S