Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking in - no problems, car grips like crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007 | 11:30 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Default Checking in - no problems, car grips like crazy

Everyone always says there's a selection bias for forums to have lots of problems listed for a given model of car because nobody checks in to say everything is going fine with the car. Well, this is one of the latter posts. After 14 mos. of ownership I'm still just as happy as the first day.

Case in point - weekend drive up to Prescott, Arizona via twisty backroads and a couple nice straights (see pic attached). Going up the hill to Yarnell here was absolutely insane. I couldn't believe how much grip I was getting and it was obvious that the car exceeds my skills and can carve up twisty roads like this at speeds that are certainly not suitable for public roads. I'm probably stating what everyone knew but I found the understeer is more pronounced when taking turns at slower speeds (common turns where I live, in 2nd gear usually) compared to higher speeds in 3rd & 4th gears. The car just grips, grips, grips.

For those in my area... there's a new twisty back entrance to the Prescott Resort on the north side. Two S-turns on nice, smooth pavement uphill and virtually no traffic since everyone takes the south entrance. I'm sure they monitor it so don't get carried away
-Aaron

Old 09-19-2007 | 12:35 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Nice to hear positive news. I have to agree with you my car literally sticks to the road moving along "S" turns. Have to say I love the Atlas Grey Cab as well. Wish we had a road like that in Connecticut.

Jay
Old 09-19-2007 | 01:47 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Hey Aaron!

Here in E. Tenn, it's 1 am and I just got in from a drive in the local area. It's such a relaxing thing! You are right, this car grips so great. just a turn of the wheel and that's where this car seems to want to go!

I, too, wish we had roads like that. (except I'd land in the can, and deservedly so! lol )

My "circuit" is about 5 miles, and it's a "2nd and 3rd" gear only road. I love doin' it after "midnight".

Drive safe!
Dave C.
ps...beautiful pics. thanks

Quick Reply: Checking in - no problems, car grips like crazy