Sponsored by:

3 years and 30,000 miles later, I can't stop driving this car

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Sitting at about 11 months useful time with the car (2 month break for European delivery return of the car) and am just about to go over 18,000 miles. It's hard to NOT drive it. I can't believe that people lease these cars and then have to let them sit for fear of going over the annual miles.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Sitting at about 11 months useful time with the car (2 month break for European delivery return of the car) and am just about to go over 18,000 miles. It's hard to NOT drive it. I can't believe that people lease these cars and then have to let them sit for fear of going over the annual miles.
yea, i agree that leasing would be difficult for anything but a 3rd car garage queen, definitely not healthy for a DD. but assuming you care somewhat about residual value, aren't you a bit concerned about racking up the miles? just 3 years old, and you're looking at 60k miles. unless one intends to keep their p-car forever and doesn't mind racking up 200k miles in 10 years, i guess there's no issue. in my limited experience in selling my 996 and as we all know, our cars don't have the best resale values. while i've had excellent resale values with my bimmers, it's hard to ignore that it certainly costs much more per mile driving our p-cars than most others. i'm not complaining, but it's a concern.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
nerual
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I leased the car because I park it in the street, and plan to run up the mileage. I would feel a lot differently about racking them up on a car I owned, but since it's a lease and I already paid them for the 10k/yr, I might as well use them! If I own the car, it's a whole different ball game, and I have to be a lot more picky about everything on the car. As it stands, Porsche owns the car, so as long as it remains in good enough condition to pass the more-forgiving-than-my-eye lease return inspection, I don't really care.

Quick Reply: 3 years and 30,000 miles later, I can't stop driving this car