Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Option Code - Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Kayjh, from the info the dealers told me (take it as it is hehe) PCNA decided to decrease msrp in Canada and slightly increase it in the US in order to close the pricing gap.

The MSRP before the Market adjustment is $127 000 for a lightly equiped C2S. I think now the MSRP for the 08 would be close to $120 000, perhaps even less... PFAFF Porsche has the msrp's on their website for the 08's.

Also the MA option on a Cayman shows about $2000 off when in reality the difference is close to $10k.

The used car market hasn't responded here, the 05's are too pricey still... I'm thinking the used p-car market will be very slow until mid-summer where people will realise they're asking too much compared to new.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:05 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 714 Likes on 498 Posts

Inrev, I agree about the used car prices in Ontario. Pfaff is unrealistic, in my opinion. If I buy used, I would seriously consider a US car at this point. My dealer told me on the phone that the '08 model year cars will be about 9% off the msrp. I haven't been in to see him yet to go over the details though. If there is a difference of $10 - $15,000 between a highly optioned 2007 US Car and a lightly optioned 2008 Canadian car, I'd likely just buy a new Canadian car. $15,000 is alot, but there is the hassle factor of getting the car delivered and hoping that you get what you bargained for (i.e. it wasn't a lemon buy back or didn't have some other problems). Then there is the reduced warranty time, which is worth something in terms of $. Most of the cars I have found on cars.com have more equipment than I would want - or at the least, different equipment, so a lightly optioned 08 (heated seats, power seat package, mats, auto dim mirrors, sport chrono, thicker steering wheel, bose, ) might only have me out of pocket about $10,000.

Another thread has gotten me thinking about an early '09 though. I live in central Canada, so I won't drive the car until spring anyway. If I can put an '08 on the road here in April and would have to wait until middle May for an '09 as is rumored, I'd just wait for the '09. If I can't get an '09 until August, I'd probably just buy the '08.

kayjh
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With all this said...
So.. what would be the impact if you paid full MSRP (before correction) for an 07 in Canada.. pissed me thinks.. ??
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

I think a lot of people who bought their cars in 07 will be pissed come next spring... My dealer said most people lease the cars though so it doesn't me a huge difference.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 714 Likes on 498 Posts

I wonder what PCNA is doing for the dealers regarding 2007 cars they have in stock right now? I don't think anyone pays full msrp (do they), but even with a discount, you would have presumable gotten the same discount on an '08 model with the Market Adjusted price. What I'm wondering is whether PCNA has the dealers participating in this price reduction. BMW does this when they offer low lease rates. THe dealer has to "buy the rate down" from say, 6.9% to 2.9%. The actual dollars you save over the lease between the two rates comes out of the dealer margin, so they just offer you less of a discount (not sure if the program still works this way, but it used to). If PCNA is doing a similar thing, it will become apparent when you ty to negotiate a stiff discount in the middle of the winter!

Quick Reply: 2008 Option Code - Canada