Sponsored by:

Flat Tire Monitor ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flat Tire Monitor ??

I have a late 05 C2S Cab, and it has a "Flat Tire" warning light symbol in the Tach area. This isnt the TPMS graphic on the later cars, but it looks just like the one on my wifes BMW X5 (i think that operates on the ABS sensors to see if there is a flat).

Question is does this light do anything or can it be activated ?

Im paranoid about the tires now there is no spare and the 19" sidewalls look SOOOO thin.

Thx
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_KarlB
I have a late 05 C2S Cab, and it has a "Flat Tire" warning light symbol in the Tach area. This isnt the TPMS graphic on the later cars, but it looks just like the one on my wifes BMW X5 (i think that operates on the ABS sensors to see if there is a flat).

Question is does this light do anything or can it be activated ?

Im paranoid about the tires now there is no spare and the 19" sidewalls look SOOOO thin.

Thx
I believe TPMS was an option on 06 models so maybe starting in late 05 they added the symbol. If you don't have TPMS (you can tell by looking at your option list or by the lack of tire pressure info as you cycle throught the options) the light/symbol doesn't do anything and can't be activated without a major ($$$$) upgrade if even then. It would require complete rewire, receivers in each wheel well plus sensors in each wheel. Search other posts since some folks have found alternative solutions to the OEM system. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Flat Tire Monitor ??