Sponsored by:

Motive Bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugnacious
After listening to you guys I’m sticking with my old (20+ year) Blue-Point diaphragm type bleeder where the air never touches the fluid.

Frankly, the non-diaphragm system sounds kind of Mickey Mouse to me knowing that air (water) and brake fluid don’t jive. I prefer to keep air, especially air under pressure, away from my brake fluid.

It really is irrelevant. None of our braking systems are sealed anyway, and the effects of using a motive to bleed/flush systems are non-material. Good to be concerned about your braking system, but no point in being paranoid (I am not saying you, or anyone in this thread, necessarily is. The motive works, it does not degrade brake fluid, it is convenient, and it is practically idiot proof. Great product.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 PM
raffi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was planning on changing the brake/clutch fluid this week and after reading this was just wondering why you guys dont fill the motive container.
Is it just because it is less messy? I dont mind unscrewing the cap after each caliper but was wondering if there are any other downsides to the usual method of just filling the motive bottle.
Also any tips or tricks for the clutch.
I have done this before with a 996 but it was a tip so I am just hoping i dont run into any problems.
thanks.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raffi
i was planning on changing the brake/clutch fluid this week and after reading this was just wondering why you guys dont fill the motive container.
Is it just because it is less messy? I dont mind unscrewing the cap after each caliper but was wondering if there are any other downsides to the usual method of just filling the motive bottle.
Also any tips or tricks for the clutch.
I have done this before with a 996 but it was a tip so I am just hoping i dont run into any problems.
thanks.
If you are planning on a complete flush of the system, including the clutch, as opposed to just bleeding the brakes, I would fill the motive. In this case, you are moving a much greater volume of brake fluid, which tips the convenience factor over to filling the motive itself and cleaning it later rather than repeatedly filling the reservoir.

Just make sure you clean the motive, and the pump, very well when you are finished. Water is fine for cleaning.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:57 PM
raffi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so do you think i will need 2 liters in this case.
on the tip 1 liter of fluid was plenty for just flushing the brakes.

i thought you guys were talking about a complete flush, but this discussion was just about bleeding alittle fluid...

Thanks

Quick Reply: Motive Bleeder