Sponsored by:

Non-Cross Drilled Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:51 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Non-Cross Drilled Rotors

Does anyone have any recommendations on a non-cross drilled rotor for the 997 C2S? I recently replaced my rotors owing to cracking emanating from the holes, but after only five track days on the new set, I've already seen some cracking. I was hoping to find solid, non-cross drilled rotors for my next set, and would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Bullet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best advice is to always do a cool down lap(s) without using your brakes.

I'm sorry this has happened - must be frustrating. I'm not saying the cool down laps always prevent this, nor that you haven't been doing them - just that that's all I have to offer (which isn't really that much!)

-B
Old 08-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Does anyone have any recommendations on a non-cross drilled rotor for the 997 C2S? I recently replaced my rotors owing to cracking emanating from the holes, but after only five track days on the new set, I've already seen some cracking. I was hoping to find solid, non-cross drilled rotors for my next set, and would appreciate any suggestions.
Performance Friction has new solid light weight front rotors that are slotted not drilled for the 997S, the rears will be out shortly as well.

Dave
Old 08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the advice, guys. I have generally taken it very easy on the cooldown lap, but especially at places like the Glen (where the checker can be first seen at either the bus stop or the sole of the boot), you get maybe a third of a lap to cool down. If there are cars in front of me, I also drive off-line to get more cooling air. Nevertheless, I'm dealing with cracks beginning to form already in my rotors.

I'm going to call up Performance Friction on Monday and chat with them about their rotors. Thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: Non-Cross Drilled Rotors