Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now the wait begins....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007 | 01:31 AM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

Post Now the wait begins....

I placed my order for a new C2 Coupe with a January 08 delivery date. The details:

A1Black
BK Black/Stone Grey Interior
P15 Power Seat Package
P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
XMP Leather Sun Visors
XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
XTV Door Finishers in Leather
435 3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
680 Bose High End Sound Package
X70 Metal Door Sill Model Insignia
CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather
CPT Storage Bin Lid W/Porsche Crest
810 Floor Mats - Interior Color
267 Self Dimming Mirrors

A big thank you to all the contributors on this forum for providing me with much needed information on the options available.

I could have had an S for the same money, but this will be my daily driver and I will enjoy the leather and other options every day--the extra 30HP and other goodies would be nice but 325HP is more than adequate and I didn't have more $$ in the budget than 85K.

This will be my first Porsche (My previous 4 cars were BMWs--new M3 is uuugly) and will be replacing my 2003 M3.

Now I just have to learn to drive a standard (M3 was SMG, so I am used to shifting at least--SMG was OK but left me wanting full control of the tranny including the clutch)--at least I have plenty of time to do so.

Thanks again,

Gene
Old 08-05-2007 | 01:37 AM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Nice Car.
For a little extra money I think you may want to rent a car with a manual transmission and learn with it before subjecting your new 997 to the learning curve. I applaud your decision to get a manual. Once you learn to drive the stick you won't regret your decision (even in heavy traffic).
Old 08-05-2007 | 02:32 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Grats Gene!

This is an easy car to drive manual, clutch pressure is light, lighter than my BMWs, and effortless shifting. Only problem is engaging 1st gear when cold, for that solution switch into 2nd then back into 1st.

Quick Reply: Now the wait begins....