Sponsored by:

GT3 RS bumper done.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Since you've got more mods coming, I'll amend my comment to say it looks awful right now. Maybe once it's all done it will look great. As long as your skin is think, don't be afraid to keep posting as you go. Just remind us it's a work in progress.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 240 Posts

Better call Maaco.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mammy... Mammy... Hello my baby, hello my darling...

What would look better is if you did both intakes (deep into them) in the color along with the side mirrors. Keeping the rest black would have been better looking. It looks now like you're trying to emulate an AM track car except with the Viper Green as opposed to the orange they use.

Look, if it makes you happy and people WILL notice, that's good. However, be prepaired for every rice'd car to be challenging you...That can be bad as they all think they can drive like the movies.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
SeanInLA
Advanced

I don't think it is the green that makes it look bad, it's that painting that area makes it look like a huge mouth.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:08 PM
DanR
Drifting

Hey, its your car and if YOU like it, enjoy it and to the hell with anyone elses 'opinion' Its only yours that counts! [however not personally keen on the look especially when you have a real GT3 RS in the garage]
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanski
Mammy... Mammy... Hello my baby, hello my darling...
More or less the same thought went through my head, I just couldn't think of how to express it.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Please tell me that's a photoshop.
In all honesty, it looks absolutely hideous.
It's a Porsche 911 dude, not an 1994 Acura Integra!
What a waste of a beautiful car.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default What a mess

Sorry, but U posted so clearly you are looking for feedback...looks like a mutation born out of P-Car parts bin. The combination of rear wing, green paint, and C2 wheels is horrendous to say it nicely. That may be the ugliest combination of color and parts I've ever seen on a 997. I am jealous of your legitimate RS of course...but otherwise I hope for your sake this post is a photoshop joke???
Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Well, that's different.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

as before mentioned, Carrera done like it is on the GT3RS in the green wont look bad. You should also get your brake calipers painted green to match the rest.

Heres my extremely crude idea at what would look better on the front. hey if you are going to post on a public forum, im going to give you my opinion.
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

I knew the stock wheels would really puke on the theme. I'll prob get them painted black and have the rim in green. Green centers too. Another set of wheels is also in the plan. There will be just enough green accents to pull the whole thing together. It's going to look a lot like a track car because that is what I bought it for, and that is its intended use. The aero parts were chosen mostly for function and secondary for looks. I'm not a fan of applying loads of expensive tupperware that does nothing for performance.

BTW, I already get swarmed by rice grinders in my RS. They just get in serious trouble when I don't slow down for turns and loose them.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
I knew the stock wheels would really puke on the theme. I'll prob get them painted black and have the rim in green. Green centers too. Another set of wheels is also in the plan. There will be just enough green accents to pull the whole thing together. It's going to look a lot like a track car because that is what I bought it for, and that is its intended use. The aero parts were chosen mostly for function and secondary for looks. I'm not a fan of applying loads of expensive tupperware that does nothing for performance.

BTW, I already get swarmed by rice grinders in my RS. They just get in serious trouble when I don't slow down for turns and loose them.
With all due respect, from a visual standpoint, the rims are not the problem. The problem is that the accents highlight a shape on the front of the car that is not flattering at all. Typically, accents highlight a shape or form that provides visual emphasis or balance to the car. No matter what you do to the rims, the accents on the front bumper make the car look like an open-mouth breather. This remains true regardless your intent for the car.

Your car, kudos for making yourself happy, but I am just giving you my two cents as a former architect . . .
Old 07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
More or less the same thought went through my head, I just couldn't think of how to express it.
Ditto.

And the Geico quote was priceless, too.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Why are you playing with ricers while driving an RS? For that matter, why are you messing with ricers in any of your cars???
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Why are you playing with ricers while driving an RS? For that matter, why are you messing with ricers in any of your cars???
I don't play with them at all. I loose them with my normal driving. They see the RS and come after it. Kinda funny really.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS bumper done.