Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a dealing dealer you bought your order 997 from...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Bump...

John D.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 285 Posts

As per this board's recommendations, I'm negotiating a deal right now with Chris at North Olmstead on a new C2 Cpe.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
As per this board's recommendations, I'm negotiating a deal right now with Chris at North Olmstead on a new C2 Cpe.
Good for you, YT ... !!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind a few of us that got the 8-9% off of MSRP probably had timing in our favor. When I ordered my car and when it was scheduled to be delivered, Ohio (N.Olmsted-Porsche) was buried under 5 ft. of snow, probably not to many Carrera's being moved. Also, a ordered car will get you a better price then one on the lot, as the one on the lot has money into it. What do I mean by this? Well the dealer has to pay for insurance and storing the vehicle on the lot. While a ordered car goes directly to the buyer other than get-ready and such. When I caluculate the shipping I paid I got closer to 7% off of MSRP, still a much better deal compared to what I was offered here in Los Angeles.

I will say this though, Steven Creek in N. Ca. offered 5.5% off. I already had my deal with N.Olmsted and this really didn't better it so I stayed with N.Olmsted.

Dave
Old 07-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Good going...let us know how it went

Dave
Old 07-21-2007, 07:06 PM
vbizguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just came back from Newport Auto Center (picking up parts) and they're having a model-year end clearance. Just eyeing, it looks like they're taking $6k off of their in stock cars.

There was a '07 Carmon Red C2S tip, with stone grey full leather, sports chrono, etc. MSRP $99k, on sale for $93k. I'm sure you could get some more $s off. Also spotted a '07 Black/Black C4, and '07 Arctic Silver/Red Cab with similar pricing.

Hopes this helps someone.

John
Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
gary mermel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pioneer in SD had a Carmona cab at 9000 off about a month ago, fully twice what they were offering off on a GT silver coupe. They said it had been on the lot for months, whereas the coupe was a new arrival.

Keep in mind that by being a year older, which these cars will be in days/weeks will "cost" you at least the $6000 when you go to sell. The amount you "save" will only be in the sense the savings remains yours to spend instead of being tied up as "equity" (I use that term advisedly since it is depreciating).

I only know this because I thought hard about that '07 cpe at Pioneer. Almost exactly what I'd have ordered, and I wanted to know what would be a fair number. At first they were at $4k, and I felt I'd be behind the value of an '08. It's still there, and their posted price is now showing closer to $6k off :-)
Old 07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Update:

Negotiated a deal to my satisfaction with Chris at North Olmstead today on a new C2 Coupe. I'm very, very pleased and excited to take delivery as soon as I can possibly get to Cleveland.

Thanks for the recommendation of this excellent dealership.

YoungTurk
Old 07-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Chris is a good fella. I was extremely happy with the dealership as well. I will be back there in around a year or so.

I'm happy for ya, dude. Go git that car !!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Keep in mind a few of us that got the 8-9% off of MSRP probably had timing in our favor. When I ordered my car and when it was scheduled to be delivered, Ohio (N.Olmsted-Porsche) was buried under 5 ft. of snow, probably not to many Carrera's being moved. Also, a ordered car will get you a better price then one on the lot, as the one on the lot has money into it. What do I mean by this? Well the dealer has to pay for insurance and storing the vehicle on the lot. While a ordered car goes directly to the buyer other than get-ready and such. When I caluculate the shipping I paid I got closer to 7% off of MSRP, still a much better deal compared to what I was offered here in Los Angeles.

I will say this though, Steven Creek in N. Ca. offered 5.5% off. I already had my deal with N.Olmsted and this really didn't better it so I stayed with N.Olmsted.

Dave
I got my car from Steven's Creek in San Jose, CA. I got just a tad over 7% off AND the dealership is less than 15 miles from my house. I've already sent PM to Silversteel regarding this, but for others: Tom McAfee was my salesman. Top notch guy, I'd buy from him again in an instant.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

I missed Tom, but spoke with a manager that was very good. I'm looking forward to speaking with him on Friday. I mentioned your name and will do so again when we speak. Thanks~

Originally Posted by 9974G
I got my car from Steven's Creek in San Jose, CA. I got just a tad over 7% off AND the dealership is less than 15 miles from my house. I've already sent PM to Silversteel regarding this, but for others: Tom McAfee was my salesman. Top notch guy, I'd buy from him again in an instant.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Baggerdude - were you happy with the Venture shield and install at North Olmstead? And what was the price? I'm considering it too. Feel free to PM me privately.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
I don't know about the rest of the guys who got relatively big discounts, but I know I was flexible on what was in the car to some extent. I had two colors I wanted, and would take either. I had a list of things I had to have, things I could take or leave, and things I would not accept in the car. I told the dealers what these things were, and let them look for cars that fit. I think the pickier you are with what you want in the car, the less discount you are likely to get. Nothing wrong with that. If you have to have a certain car, get it. Just expect to pay more. Have you had any luck with Beasley in Austin?
I bought 2 997's from Beasley in 2005. I was happy with each deal. Both of the salespersons I dealt with then are now gone. While the sales manager has remained, I haven't found them nearly as accomodating recently as they have been in the past. Having said that, I like the dealership and the people that work there. You're made to feel like family, and I have no trouble recommending them.

YoungTurk
Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Henry Rivera at Reeves? Tell him Mike Carter********

Mike, you da' man!!! I'll keep all posted.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

To Silversteels earlier point about losing 40K on a $120K car and taking five months to sell...He is spot on. I have an 06 C2 cab 103K MSRP, now for sale over two months in all the right places, now lowered it to 81K. Just took pro shots for the ads, but I must say that the depreciation on these cars is rough and the market is fairly well loaded with used cars at low miles, with low prices.
I usually sell my cars after one year or so and I have done much better, and sold earier with other brands. Supply and demand, capitalism, man I love America.

Quick Reply: Need a dealing dealer you bought your order 997 from...