Sponsored by:

Porsche GSM phone option

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Papa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche GSM phone option

Being new to the forums, I assume some one else has already addressed this issue. In any case, I stopped by ATT to get a SIM card for the car. Works great some areas but in others where my Razr is showing four good bars, it can not find the network. Any adjustment, setting, etc.? How about an auxilary antenna?

Papa
Old 07-08-2007, 10:48 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

The problem you describe seems to occur in some places, but not others, and based on my experience is related to the ATT/Cingular network. Don't know where you are, but the PCM phone and ATT seems to be a bad combination in Texas. You might try doing what I just did, ie try out a T-Mobile sim card.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=phone+666
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be because the phone inside the car is not quad band GSM whereas the razr is.

I often had this interesting dynamic in the USA where one of my GSM phones (quad) would have full service but another phone (tri band europe/asian based phones) using the same SIM card and network would not.

This usually only occurs in suburban/rural areas where coverage is shoddy to begin with.

Especially on long freeways... often long stretches of highway to the hamptons get no GSM service at all which is quite scary.

Quick Reply: Porsche GSM phone option