Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum-look center console installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM
hjluvjj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum-look center console installed!!!

After living without the rear center console for 1 month 2 weeks, I finally have installed aluminum-look console.

I had to go through 4 consoles to get the perfect one The first one was missing many parts. The second one came broken. The third one was all scratched up. Finally the fourth one was in perfect condition. I believe these four were all Porsche USA had in their Atlanta warehouse.

Anyway, this looks great Surprisingly, the console came with the rear pocket area which I thought was the separate part.

Heejin in Seattle
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice. I'm considering that part to break up the terracotta in my interior. How much was the part?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Nice. I'm considering that part to break up the terracotta in my interior. How much was the part?
nkhalidi - no need to go without a rear center console (RCC) for any length of time. Order your RCC from Eric at Bumperplugs.com. He will do a core exchange with you. He will send you a painted RCC and when you return your old RCC, he will credit you for the "core exchange." Net cost after "core exchange" is $399.

BTW - I have seen some of Eric's work on his office in Charlotte. It is FIRST RATE! I am not affiliated with Eric or BumperPlugs in any way. He is a Rennlist Site Sponsor.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 AM
hjluvjj
Advanced

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I paid $850 for the part and sold mine on the ebay for $200. I thought about the getting this from Eric@bumperplug as well. While his product looks great, he did not have the aluminum-look console. He only had silver.

In addition, the OEM part came with matching rear pockets which was an extra cost when I asked Eric for a quote.

If you are looking for a console matching exterior paint, I guess your best bet would be Eric's product. His console in red and yellow looked awesome

Heejin in Seattle
Old 07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hjluvjj
I paid $850 for the part and sold mine on the ebay for $200. I thought about the getting this from Eric@bumperplug as well. While his product looks great, he did not have the aluminum-look console. He only had silver.

In addition, the OEM part came with matching rear pockets which was an extra cost when I asked Eric for a quote.

If you are looking for a console matching exterior paint, I guess your best bet would be Eric's product. His console in red and yellow looked awesome

Heejin in Seattle
Here is my Alu-look from Eric.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

We always offer alumalook, and all other paint colors as well. May not be 'in stock' but it takes us about 5 days to get it done. And yes, we can supply both front and rear added sections. And from time to time, I might even offer them to someone on a special deal, so the total cost would be only slightly more.

And our consoles always come complete: ashtray, e-brake panel, etc. None of the shorting of parts Porsche is known for.

Next time, just drop me a line.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

great looking stuff. Can't wait to order mine.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey, "Uncle" Eric, am I back in the Will yet?

Quick Reply: Aluminum-look center console installed!!!