Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any visual cues to indicate a car has Carrera Power Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:10 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Sport exhaust has twin tips - one large and one small.
2. Radiator visible in the center of the front clip (non X51 cars don't have one although all Tiptronic - auto transmission cars - do).
3. Under the engine cover:
a. Carbon fiber airbox
b. Twin air intakes.
c. Full aluminum intake manifold vs. black plastic center piece on non-X51
4. Equal length header system vs. 3:1 collector system on non X51 (not real equal length but better than nothing).
5. 200 rpm higher redline (only visible with car in "Sport" mode and throttle pinned).

According to the factory literature:

- A modified carbon-fiber airbox with two smooth intake runners.
- New intake manifolds with modified cross-sections. These limited edition aluminum castings are made one by one using a process that is 2000 years old: sand casting...
- A new throttle housing with larger cross section. Where the 911 S housing is 76mm, the X51 housing is 82mm.
- New cylinder heads with flow optimized intake and exhaust ports, as well as exhaust ports and exhaust valves with larger cross section, plus stronger exhaust springs.
- New exhaust manifolds with larger cross section and optimized flow behavior.
- Modified engine control parameters and maps in the DME which allow increased maximum engine rpm, among other things.
- Sports exhaust system.
- A new underbody cover in the rear area.
- Additional radiator in the front apron.

MC
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also - according to the Porsche factory literature, and I quote:

"Many Porsche professionals do not realize that the benefits of the X51 Powerkit option can be achieved after delivery, if the customer is willing to stroke the right-size check. Tequipment offers the complete package in kit form. Counsel your customer that the process is not a same-day modification; the required mods are open-heart surgery for engines."

MC
Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Also - according to the Porsche factory literature, and I quote:

"Many Porsche professionals do not realize that the benefits of the X51 Powerkit option can be achieved after delivery, if the customer is willing to stroke the right-size check. Tequipment offers the complete package in kit form. Counsel your customer that the process is not a same-day modification; the required mods are open-heart surgery for engines."

MC
I would not trust the stealership to work on my car for something like that. The X51 is a must-order from the factory or not at all...
Old 07-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm not sure that I would agree with that. If you want or need another shot in the arm after driving your non X-51 car for a couple of years the X51 can put some new life into the car for you!

No where does it say you have to have Porsche put it in for you. If you have a trusted P shop they can do it better!

Quick Reply: Are there any visual cues to indicate a car has Carrera Power Kit?