Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options list for my order car...anything add/delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007 | 02:17 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
THPorsche - you have a C2/C2S body, so you did NOT pay for the painted "rocker panels" because that area of your car is part of the normal body panel.

However, SilverSteel is ordering a C4S, which has a slightly different "rocker panel" design than the C2/C2S body. This area on the C4/C4s and Turbo has an integrated "rocker panel" (a.k.a. side skirts). The lower part of the "rocker panel" on a C4/C4S/Turbo is painted black when in the stock configuration. However, you can opt to have the lower portion painted if you choose to do so.

If is a little hard to tell from these "pictures" from the Porsche configurator, but the "rocker panels" on a C4/C4S extend out and down more than on the C2/C2S models. The 1st pic is a C2/C2S body. The 2nd pic is a C4/C4S with the lower portion of the rockers in black, and the 3rd pics shows the painted lower portion of the rockers on the C4/C4S. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-07-2007 | 02:20 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=SilverSteel]Chad,

I've decided on the C2S as I drove them both and liked the lighter feel of it. I've found the dealers still trying to charge for the option (probably due to lack of understanding like myself). I'm glad you guys have set me straight.

Originally Posted by gota911
THPorsche - you have a C2/C2S body, so you did NOT pay for the painted "rocker panels" because that area of your car is part of the normal body panel.
Shouldn't the stealer order the car through the computer system, how could they possible add this option to a C2S.
Old 07-07-2007 | 03:20 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

I'm sure when we sit down to order the car we'll have to go through every option, and it would come out. I'm trying to eliminate options that are either not desired or not necessary in achieving the most accurate price before I go ito the dealer.

Always have the price of the vehicle, all the options and negotiated price done before you ever enter the dealer. I generally walk in with a check, pick up the keys and leave. I just bought a Lexus LS460L and it took all of ten minutes from the time I walked into the dealer to the time I drove out. Everything done in advance.

Any options discrepencies can only cause problems.

[QUOTE=THPorsche]
Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Chad,

I've decided on the C2S as I drove them both and liked the lighter feel of it. I've found the dealers still trying to charge for the option (probably due to lack of understanding like myself). I'm glad you guys have set me straight.

Shouldn't the stealer order the car through the computer system, how could they possible add this option to a C2S.

Quick Reply: Options list for my order car...anything add/delete