Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options list for my order car...anything add/delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

I eliminated the yellow stitch,..a little silly considering it cost an extra $2k for yellow thread. I hear you.

Interesting comment regarding the sports chrono, as it was designed for the track guy. I've had it and would not buy it again. It was cool at night as it ran, but you have to start it and passengers thought it was a clock. I would like to try the cleaner look.

I have to say I've seen some 06's for $20k off their sticker after they've been owned for a year. Depreciation that hard after a year? Ouch.

Originally Posted by RonCT
Think about a whole new direction... SY is a great color, but try stock black interior with sport seats, a fire extinguisher, and carpet mats. A purpose built light weight, durable, sports car...

As to the Sport Chrono, the track guys (like me) say the opposite -- I'd never get it for track use, so we all thought it was a street driver's option because of the power seat memory functions.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know that kind of depreciation is almost a compelling argument for taking the time to order a custom colour, custom interior, etc... - something special, if you're going to order one new.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I order SC and would never order it again. There are far more entertaining uses for the $800 it costs.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
malammik
Racer

I would remove the yellow dials and go with regular black. Much easier to see during the day and easy on the eye. If u have to go with colored dial(other than black or white), please see one in person first. I would not go with yellow seatbelts too. They get dirty much faster than black. Get door finishers in leather, stainless steel door sills(illuminated).
Old 07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I agree. Get exactly what you want; no more and no less.

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
You know that kind of depreciation is almost a compelling argument for taking the time to order a custom colour, custom interior, etc... - something special, if you're going to order one new.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:15 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

How about the sand/tan dials? Can't handle the black dials, need contrast. Didn't think about the inevitable dirt on the belts--good call. I am on the door sills.

Originally Posted by malammik
I would remove the yellow dials and go with regular black. Much easier to see during the day and easy on the eye. If u have to go with colored dial(other than black or white), please see one in person first. I would not go with yellow seatbelts too. They get dirty much faster than black. Get door finishers in leather, stainless steel door sills(illuminated).
Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Not a real big ticket item, but I would suggest getting the Lloyds mats with Carrera 4S stitched in yellow and with the yellow border. I got mine (red stitching and red border) at: http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/lloyd/start

The mats are great quality and there are nice options for borders and a range of inscriptions on the mats to choose from. The price should be far less than that for the $510 standard OEM mats! You could buy a winter set and summer set and still have money left over.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Thanks statman. That's something I needed to know.

Based upon what everyone has told me, and the fact I've moved back into the S2 after a test drive of the S4 (felt heavier). Here is where I am:

Base Price $92,800

Options for Vehicle
Black (Full Leather) $3,365
Power Seat Package $1,550
Black (Leather Seats) $1,520
Bose High End Sound Package $1,390
Leather Rear Center Console $1,260
Gear Shifter Aluminum $880
Stainless Steel Door Entry Guards Illuminated $780
Leather Sport Steering Wheel $490
Heated Front Seats $480
19" Carrera Classic Wheel $390
Self-Dimming Mirrors $385
Leather Door Finishers $360
Leather Gear Lever Trim $250
Fire Extinguisher $140
Black Top $0
Speed Yellow (Standard Paint) $0
Total TMV® for Vehicle Options $13,240
Destination Charge $795

Total New Vehicle Price $106,835

Left behind the yellow trimmed mats as they will darken as will the seatbelts, the yellow trim since I can't get over spending $2k for yellow thread, chrono-not a believer any more (no offense), fancy pants seats-not a good fit for me on my last car, no lobsters-grrr.

You guys have been a huge help, steering me towards the proven appreciated items. Am I done? Ya!?

Last edited by SilverSteel; 07-03-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Thanks statman. That's something I needed to know.

Based upon what everyone has told me, and the fact I've moved back into the S2 after a test drive of the S4 (felt heavier). Here is where I am:

Base Price $92,800

Options for Vehicle
Black (Full Leather) $3,365

Black (Leather Seats) $1,520
Leather Sport Steering Wheel $490

You guys have been a huge help, steering me towards the proven appreciated items. Am I done? Ya!?
I believe you will be able to deduct the cost of the two items above as the cost for leather seats is included in the Full Leather package, and the Sport Steering Wheel is standard equipment on the Carrera S.

Last edited by THinthedesert; 07-03-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
malammik
Racer

I noticed you left out yellow dials which is good IMO. By default, you will get white, but I think black dials will look better that white in a SY car. U can get mats with yellow tubing from lloyds.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping there would be some form of duplication thereby reducing my cost. Thanks for pointing that out.

Originally Posted by THinthedesert
I believe you will be able to deduct the cost of the two items above as the cost for leather seats is included in the Full Leather package, and the Sport Steering Wheel is standard equipment on the Carrera S.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Correcto-mundo. I agree they'd be hard to see everyday, but was considering the sand/tan color. I was going to bounce it off the dealer and hope they could show me a sample. I don't want a bright yellow dial, but the sand may be okay creating a good contrast with the yellow and the black.

Originally Posted by malammik
I noticed you left out yellow dials which is good IMO. By default, you will get white, but I think black dials will look better that white in a SY car. U can get mats with yellow tubing from lloyds.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 PM
9elf S
Instructor

Don't forget: CGA - Painted Headlamp Washer. Most people don't know you can get the headlamp washer, which is ordinarily painted silver, painted the body color.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Can these be deleted completely? I hate 'em. And no on ever uses them. I guess I'll paint em with nail polish.

Originally Posted by 9elf S
Don't forget: CGA - Painted Headlamp Washer. Most people don't know you can get the headlamp washer, which is ordinarily painted silver, painted the body color.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Can these be deleted completely? I hate 'em. And no on ever uses them. I guess I'll paint em with nail polish.
No, the head light washers can not be deleted if you get Bi-xenon headlights, which come standard on the "S" model.

Quick Reply: Options list for my order car...anything add/delete