Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: RIP Craig Cope (CJC) / NEW Message from his family

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys, even maybe only $25 will eventually grow to be enough to cover a textbook or two...
Old 06-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oalvarez
my question: would/is this typically be done for any/all rennlist members?
I don't think so. It started because I was wondering how Craig was doing (we had all pulled for him in a thread with 3,000+ views and 100+ comments), and then we found out that he had passed away, and Ben suggested to do something, and then we just did it.

Not much happened today (one donation). We stand at $1,205.00 (20 contributors).
Old 06-16-2007, 01:33 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
I don't think so. It started because I was wondering how Craig was doing (we had all pulled for him in a thread with 3,000+ views and 100+ comments), and then we found out that he had passed away, and Ben suggested to do something, and then we just did it.

Not much happened today (one donation). We stand at $1,205.00 (20 contributors).
Old 06-16-2007, 01:35 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher

and to be clear (seems to have been excluded from my quote), i did contribute.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

seems to have been excluded from my quote
Sorry, no intent! And, yes, I got it as well as gravedgr's just a minute ago. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Since it's Father's day and since we are asking for contributions into a college fund for a little boy who just lost his father, I thought I'd bump this up again.

We are currently at $1,284.97 (by 22 contributors).
Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 AM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a nice thing to do. I'll send a check. I'll pm Soulteacher and Ben with the amount. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Hello y'all, I just received this email from Craig's family:

-------------------------------------

Thank you all so very much. Words cannot describe my appreciation. This is a huge gift for my son because it will be given to him from people who really care about his well being. This would be a huge stepping stone for him in his future education.

To all in the Rennlist community, I thank you. Thank you for taking the time to put this together for my son. Craig would have been proud. Thank you.

Carol

-------------------------------------

P.S. from Wolfgang: We currently stand at $1,459.97 (by 25 contributors)
Old 06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Jakeman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent a donation via PayPal...

J
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

My donation sent via Paypal as well.

Wofgang and Ben, thank you both for taking pains to organise this.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
CL55fornow
Intermediate

my donation sent, my condolences to the family.

it's great to see the support that this forum has, i'm glad to be a member... now to figure out how to change my handle and add an avatar.

wolfgang&Ben great idea and it's people like yourselves that keep from thinking the world is evil.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

to preface, i contributed as i simply wanted to.

my question: would/is this typically be done for any/all rennlist members?

regards
I wouldn't say it's something that is typically done for a Rennlist member.

We had a Rennlist member who was killed in a CGT at a track here in California just over two years ago that made national news. There was a huge outpouring from the membership worldwide. Many were using a memorial avatar that was made to honor him, and I think at least one individual is still wearing it.

There was another Rennlist member who passed away last year but his passing didn't rearly receive the same amount of attention. At the time I suggested that a Memorial Forum be set up so we can honor the memory of those Rennlist Members who are no longer with us.

Being a Rennlist Member is certainly something we are proud of. It's like a private club. And our fun hangout is the OT Forum, which serves as our lounge - a members only lounge. Although membership has its privileges, being honored in memoriam is not limited to membership, as each one who passes will be missed dearly by their family, and if it is brought to our attention we will do what we can to let others know that a frequent guest here is no longer with us. It's the honorable thing to do.

As for Craig, he wasn't here all that long where everyone got to know him well. Most of us only remember that one thread of his where he turned to us scared, asking for our prayers, as he was recently diagnosed with a deadly disease. Many of us prayed for him and hoped for the best. Unfortunately he didn't make it. And that is truly sad, as we were all pulling for him and believing he would beat it.

He left behind a young son and his mother. We don't know the financial situation of their lives. Just because he owned a 997 doesn't mean he was wealthy. Some of us buy these cars because we want them so bad that we are willing to sacrifice everything else just to own one. I know of one guy who put off buying a home just to buy one, so smitten he was with the car. And he chose to continue renting an apartment, but that was his choice.

Some of us may never get to have a son. But if we did have one, we would certainly want him to get an education and succeed in life - that would have to be every father's dream. With this donation drive Wolfgang and I are putting together, we're just seeing to it that Craig's dream and hopes for his son will be realized in some small way.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP CJC.
i sent him my pray in his thread before, and i was very moved and admire his carriage
i just realize that he has 4 years old kid.
as a father myself, in know that 4-years-old is too young to understand everything.
i think the best we can do is to somehow keep CJS's posts and all replies, and show them to his kid when his kid grows up. the kid needs to know what a great person his dad is.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pl
i just realize that he has 4 years old kid. as a father myself, in know that 4-years-old is too young to understand everything. i think the best we can do is to somehow keep CJS's posts and all replies, and show them to his kid when his kid grows up. the kid needs to know what a great person his dad is.
I think that's an awesome idea! I will print them out and send them to Carol and she can keep them until Craig's son is older. Very good idea. Thanks!

P.S.: We are now at $1,684.97 (by 28 contributors). Our goal is at least $2,500.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

I posted this in OT, but I thought I'd post it here, too.

Below is one of the very last pictures of Craig and his son.

Let this be a reminder for all of us again to enjoy life to the fullest and to spend as much time as possible with the ones we love! I tend to forget that myself all the time.

Total contributions so far into the college fund for Craig's son can be seen here: www.lexlupus.org/cjcfund.htm.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-11-2008 at 02:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Re: RIP Craig Cope (CJC) / NEW Message from his family