Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen replacements

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:54 AM
Rave
Advanced

Default Windscreen replacements

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a replacement windscreen. In the UK this sort of thing is covered by insurance and the insurers have their own replacement glass companies. RAC Autoglass in my case. The 997 windscreen is rather complicated because it houses antenae and given the choice of a third party windscreen or a Porsche sourced screen, I took the latter. But 6 weeks later, the windscreen is still on "back order" from Porsche UK. Is this a common problem? Fortunately, the car can still be driven safely but the damage is beyond repair. Driven properly, damaged windscreens are going to happen but the unless the parts are available the car could spend alot of time off the road. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2007 | 03:05 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Not entirely surprised at this as we're reportedly having issues with gettting replacement TIRES as well. I wonder if it is related to the massive production quantitites? Not enough spares in the network?
Old 06-07-2007 | 04:44 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Replacement tires are available, esp. Rear 19" P Zero's, if ordered through a dealer and your VIN# is provided. Many dealers are reasonable about this and match internet tire prices.

Quick Reply: Windscreen replacements