Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rollbar questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007 | 06:24 PM
Rick in Colorado
Instructor

Default Rollbar questions

First of all, I have read most every thread on this topic, both here and on 6speedonline, but I still have a few questions. I am considering both the TechEquipment bar and the GMG bar for a 997S

· How does a bar come packaged from shipping? Is it covered in some way, or is it basically predestined that it will arrive nicked/scratched?
· Is the fore/aft seat adjustment for the TechEquipment bar really severely limited? I’m 6’1” but I don’t put the (power) seat back all that far, but I do tilt the cushion (high in the front, low in the back) to provide thigh support.
· What “color” does the TechEquipment bar come in stock – natural stainless?
· On a Guards Red (black interior) car what does everyone think between: leave it natural, powdercoat black, powdercoat GR (too bling?)?
Old 05-28-2007 | 06:41 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Rick - the TEQ bar comes well padded in bubble wrap on a shipping pallet. I have used them in my 2003 996GT2 (Guards Red) my 2004 996 GT3 (Silver) and my new 997 GT3RS (Silver + orange).

The Teq bar does not limit seat travel, the seat can go the full length of the rails. Note I have only used the bar with the Porsche GT3 seats (single piece). Perhaps it is different with the stock sofa seats? Several friends with 996GT3s equipped with the Teq bar and GT3 seats are in the 6'4 range and have no difficulties.

The Teq bar comes one way, well finished stainless steel. Looks much nicer than powder coated bars. Looks good with any color.

My GT2 looked very nice with the Black GT3 seats and the silver bar. Red harnesses rounded out the look.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Rollbar questions