Sponsored by:

Interesting 9ff tuning packages for 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 PM
ianwallwork
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting 9ff tuning packages for 997

I found these upgrade packages whilst I was searching the Internet for modifications! I'd never thought to look at 9ff before as I'd assumed they'd be monster expensive. Instead they make for very interesting reading and make the X-51 package look rather expensive! According to 9ff's site they are warrantied too. Their 395BHP package substantially undercuts X-51 whilst the 420BHP package is only about 20% more (in the UK) but you also get a fully remanufactured engine at 4.1 litres and a new clutch! And given 9ff's reputation, I would doubt these claimed figures are anything other than conservative. I can believe +40BHP when you are getting new cams and matching mapping as well as a full exhaust! And 420BHP doesn't sound unrealistic for a 4.1 litre engine with the mods described.

9ff's site is here: http://9ff.de/en/index.php

And these are off their 'customer' price list (in Euros)

FM 97-CS

Performance Kit “CARRERA S” +40HP
Consist of:
- 4 Camshafts
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust
- Sport Metal Catalytic Converters 100cell
- Air Filter
- ECU upgrade

FM 97-4.0 CS

Sport Engine “CARRERA S” 4.1 litre, 420 HP
Consist of:
- 4.1 litre trunk engine in exchange
- Machined cylinder heads
- Bigger valves
- Camshafts
- New bigger intake manifold
- Sport Clutch
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust.
- Sport Metal Catalytic converter
- Air Filter
- ECU Upgrade
- Engine Assembling

Be good to hear your views

Ian
Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds interesting...

The 4.1L kit costs about the same in $ as the Ruf Kompressor conversion (~$23K). Power is similar, too, obviously differing in NA vs. FI.

Also, the +40hp is about the same as what Porsche does for the X51 kit at about 60% of the cost.

My biggest concerns would be A) getting the car to Deutschland and B) trying to get it fixed/warranted if something broke. Not as much of a problem living in Manchester, England.

Now the real question? United or City???
Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Check out the Excellence issue (last or the one before). They did a great write-up on the 9ff. I see the German issue as a plus-you will be able to road test it quite well over there. Let us know how you did.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
zms325i
Intermediate

9ff products will be in the US with full backing soon..
Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

A 100 cell cat is gonna be loud isn't it?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:39 AM
strtswpr997
Intermediate

how much are the 9ff sports cats?
Old 04-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Mr. Brown
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ianwallwork
I found these upgrade packages whilst I was searching the Internet for modifications! I'd never thought to look at 9ff before as I'd assumed they'd be monster expensive. Instead they make for very interesting reading and make the X-51 package look rather expensive! According to 9ff's site they are warrantied too. Their 395BHP package substantially undercuts X-51 whilst the 420BHP package is only about 20% more (in the UK) but you also get a fully remanufactured engine at 4.1 litres and a new clutch! And given 9ff's reputation, I would doubt these claimed figures are anything other than conservative. I can believe +40BHP when you are getting new cams and matching mapping as well as a full exhaust! And 420BHP doesn't sound unrealistic for a 4.1 litre engine with the mods described.

9ff's site is here: http://9ff.de/en/index.php

And these are off their 'customer' price list (in Euros)

FM 97-CS

Performance Kit “CARRERA S” +40HP
Consist of:
- 4 Camshafts
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust
- Sport Metal Catalytic Converters 100cell
- Air Filter
- ECU upgrade

FM 97-4.0 CS

Sport Engine “CARRERA S” 4.1 litre, 420 HP
Consist of:
- 4.1 litre trunk engine in exchange
- Machined cylinder heads
- Bigger valves
- Camshafts
- New bigger intake manifold
- Sport Clutch
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust.
- Sport Metal Catalytic converter
- Air Filter
- ECU Upgrade
- Engine Assembling

Be good to hear your views

Ian

I like what I read about the Farnbacher Loles Power Plus kit.
Supposedly, it gives you 30+ HP.
The mods consist of up-rated airbox, ecu reflash and complete exhaust system (mufflers,high flow catalysts and manifolds).
According to FBL "typical power gains of 35-40 hp and 30 ftlbs of torque can be expected."
Mr. B
Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

The FBL "Power Kit" gives you the X51 airbox, ECU upgrade, new full exhaust (headers, sport cats, sport cans). They do warranty the work as well. I heard the exhaust on a brand new GT3/RS and man it sounds great!

Cost is about $10K give or take.

I was at our Zone1 "Tech Tactics" and Roger from FBL went over the Power Kit.

FBL does some really nice work and I know of several people who have had work done there and are very happy with the workmanship.

They also do some very nice suspension mods and have just about anything else you may want in interior or exterior work. They now have a powder coat system onsite as well. They have lots of ways to customize your car there!

Lucky for me they are close by. Only problem is being close can be bad for your wallet! If I had 10K, I feel confident that they would be the best option for what I want, plus added suspension work would make one killer car.

Now, where did I put that money tree?

Deanski
Old 05-06-2008, 02:02 PM
qirex
Racer

Here we go again. I would avoid ANYTHING 9ff with a 10 foot pole. These guys dont understand the meaning of "Warranty" or "Customer Service". What they Do understand is stealing. They habitually deliver under-performing products with crappy quality. When They get in enough trouble with angry customers who have tired of their empty promises and crappy service - they cut and run, fire their US reps and hide in Germany under International litigation laws. Then, after enough time (usually one year) has passed and enough people forget, they pop up again. Ive seen this happen THREE Times in the last 5 years. Each time they do this, they not only screw over ther customers, but also their US dealers/reps.

Im sure if you dig around, you'll see for yourself. Or, you can pay $20k to turn your reliable Porsche into a CEL-ridden mess, with marginally better performance, no warranty and a loudass, crap sound.

There's a reason RUF is so expensive - they do it RIGHT! 9ff...is total Bullshiz. Dont believe the hype. Excellence magazine is only looking to sell issues. Only last year pete stout (editor) mentioned that 9ff owed them Thousands in unpaid advertising fees, and that many readers had complained re: poor quality and service - "asking how can you plug these guys?"

Well, obviously there's slim picking this year...
Old 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
A 100 cell cat is gonna be loud isn't it?
Running 100 cell cats on a Europipe system - not too loud at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
R13
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Running 100 cell cats on a Europipe system - not too loud at all.
but may set of the CEL...

Quick Reply: Interesting 9ff tuning packages for 997