Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K40 Calibre Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM
malammik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And who pays for the testing? Btw. I do not believe that the dealers are paying 150 for K40. That's economics 101. Think about it!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have talked to the dealers and I know what they pay. The K40 is a LED based laser jammer that is very, very cheap to make and yes the dealers pay $150 for the Calibre system. You can believe it or not but its the truth.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 AM
P-Car944
Banned

actually I do it for free...I dont charge for anything. Matter of fact I just installed 2 laser jammers for for a person today and tested it for free.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:30 AM
boolala
Race Car

$150 is for the laser diffuser. Not the entire K40 system. You have repeatedly confused the two.

K40 pays if you get a speeding ticket. Do you really think that they could afford to do this if they sold the whole system for $150 and their system is as poor as you claim? That's absurd. A single speeding ticket would wipe out their profit for that unit and then some. (BTW does Mr. Valentine offer to pay for speeding tickets? Didn't think so.)

Take a look at the wiring diagram for a K40 system including bluetooth network module, front and rear detectors, laser diffusers etc., etc. There is no way they sell this for $150. Delaers quote from 4 - 8 hours for an installation (and based upon my experience that's about right depending on the vehicle).

Also take a look at a thread here recently about dash mounted radar detectors. Someone found a thread on a police department website where the officers were saying that if they catch you with a radar detector after a traffic stop (could be unrelated to speeding) you would get no breaks. I know that I've been stopped for "running a red light and got a "warning." I'm sure that if I had a visible radar detector he would have written me a ticket as they feel this alone is evidence of intent to break the law. When an officers discretion is involved he can decide to give you a ticket or not, or just a warning. If you have an RD (especially a big ugly one like the V1) you are hosed. Not to mention the risks of haviong it stolen.

I have no financial interst in K40. I do think that the opinions of someone who actually have a unit and don't like it (above) carried 100 times more credibility than your ramblings.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Not opinions at all. Anytime your in the Seattle area...I will show you what a POS K40 is and how you got ripped off. I'm still waiting for someone in the Seattle or Wa. area with a K40 laser jammer to accept my challenge of $2,000 that I posted. I will drive to Spokane the other side of the state to prove this again like I did before with the Lambo owner with K40 Calibre. I put my money where my mouth is. You admit of running a redlight? That was stupid of you to do that...people die because of stupid people like you running redlights. Some people cant be educated what so ever...Good luck with your K40, I bet your K40 dealer goes on vaction alot laughing all the way to the bank. Some guy rolls in to his shop with a Porsche and he is seeing another vacation coming soon. Matter of fact the guy that I installed 2 laser jammers used to install K40 Calibre's and talked about how cheap the K40 Calibre was and it only takes about 2 hours to install and how the dealers rip you all off. K40 pays they will pay for your ticket? Well Rocky Mountain Radar says the same thing...They are a scam also, maybe they are run by the same company. K40 does have great marketing but the product never passes a test when compared to other jammers? Why is that?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:44 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car944
Not opinions at all. Anytime your in the Seattle area...I will show you what a POS K40 is and how you got ripped off. I'm still waiting for someone in the Seattle or Wa. area with a K40 laser jammer to accept my challenge of $2,000 that I posted. I will drive to Spokane the other side of the state to prove this again like I did before with the Lambo owner with K40 Calibre. I put my money where my mouth is. You admit of running a redlight? That was stupid of you to do that...people die because of stupid people like you running redlights. Some people cant be educated what so ever...Good luck with your K40, I bet your K40 dealer goes on vaction alot laughing all the way to the bank. Some guy rolls in to his shop with a Porsche and he is seeing another vacation coming soon.
You are still missing his point. Are you are only talking about the laser jammer or the ENTIRE system of which the laser jammer is only $200? Get your facts straight.
I have not tried the K40 but am considering it. I believe you that the laser JAMMER doesn't work very well because I have seen tests on other laser jammers and they failed most tests. But the radar detection is the majority of the cost of the system and probably works better than most other detectors from what I have heard.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:00 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I do have my facts straight. I wouldnt type something unless I had them straight. To build a LED laser jammer system is very cheap. Plus the K40 does not detect radar then the Top 3 radar detectors. So me a test where K40 was the "Best" in the test compared to other radar detectors? Just show me. There are plenty of tests and review's by magazines and test groups where the K40 got "ZERO" stars because it sucks.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 AM
boolala
Race Car

I didn't run a red light. Some rooky cop wanted a look at the p-car so he stopped me for running a "red light" when in fact it was yellow. He knew that and that ultimately was why I would up with "warning." My point was that if you are stopped from another infraction (even a minor one like failing to signal a lane change and have a visible radar detector then they will be less likely to cut you any slack).

The K40 unit doesn;t take 2 hours to install. I've seen them do it. It was 4+ hours on my car done at my home where the installer had no motive to drag the installation time out as he was being paid a fixed amount. So why would he spend 4 hours when it only takes 2 as you claim? This is a guy on the North shore who does tons of high end installations.

Your ramblings are getting more irrational as time goes on.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Well maybe you should have clarified your last statement. Like the leo wanted to look at your P-Car...lol There are a million P-Car's in Chicago, North Shore area for him not to waste his time. I'm sorry I test more laser jammers and have more lidar guns then you have ever touched. I bet when your K40 Calibre sounds off its due to light false alerts. Even my LPP has a low sunset false alert from time to time. When ever your in the Seattle area look me up and we will have a beer after I pick your P-Car off at 6,000 feet and you will find out that your K40 really dosent work. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a independent testing group that says the K40 Calibre really jam's police lidar guns and what distance's they were jamming from and what was the punch through on the k40 and what were the other laser jammers tested also. Please show me. Do you need to see the video again of the K40 Calibre falling on its face? I'm sorry guy I know more about radar detectors and laser jammers then you will ever know. Matter of fact I have a friend in Chicago that I need to visit and I will be my Laser Atlanta Lidar gun and we can have a beer or 2 after the test. I will have $2,000 cash on me also if you think you can earn it. Prove me wrong. No one has yet in real world testing.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 AM
boolala
Race Car

You keep mentioning that you can pick me off at 6000 feet. You claim to be an expert on this and yet don't mention that even at 1000 feet the lidar beam has a divergence of 3 feet. This may be adaquate but at 6000 feet the beam width will be as large as the highway making precise vehicle identification impossible. Not to mention the absurdity of trying to locate a car visually at that distance from among several others. In fact there is a court case that limits lidar use to a certain distance ( 1- 2 K feet I believe). Anything beyond that will get the case thrown out of court.

If you really have expertise on this subject you need to address both the legal ramification (court precendents) as well the precision at which lidar can be targeted at large distances.

I'm not surprised that you have remained silent on the many points I have raised but keep going back to the lambo that failed your test. And then you say he removed the K40? Why did he do that? That makes about as much sense as having a V1 detector and K40 diffuser and removing both when the K40 fails you.The radar/laser detector did not fail him but, rather the laser diffuser which is a separate unit did. Many people have the K40 detectors but use another method of laser diffusion.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 AM
P-Car944
Banned

the legal reasons is that a cop picking out his choice targets can pick and chose who and when they want to shoot you with laser. My challenge to you or anyone else with a K40 laser jammer is to test the effectiveness of your laser jammer mono on mono. On a straight highway with overpasses a leo can hit you over 2,000-3,000 and more in light traffic with ease. The owner of the Lambo removed his K40 and bought a lpp since he witnessed the laser pro park in action coming towards the gun and going away from the gun. Just show me recent test of a testing group that showed that the k40 was effective. There is none. Why does K40 suppress tester's from letting its consumers know that the K40 falled. I have invited the local K40 clan to a "Prove it" Test and we will if anyone takes me up on my challenge...no one has so far since they are scared. But if you ask who ever has a laser pro park laser jammer the same question they have no problem showing that their laser jammer is the best. We have nothing to hide. I am all about proving it. My challenge to you or anyone with a K40 laser jammer is that I can prove your laser jammer wont work at 6,000 feet or 1,000 feet if your were speeding and you wouldnt have time to slow down by the time I got a speed and distance reading. I'm not a cop and dont care about writing tickets but just out to prove that K40 is in-effective like the other testers have found out and have reported it in the past but there is not recent testing of the K40 laser jammer effectiveness..for a reason.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:33 AM
P-Car944
Banned

WOW...Look that K40 fall on it's face....Btw the Prolaser II and Prolaser III are the easiest laser guns to jam. The Prolaser II is a very old gun also and its not even used in the US anymore.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:42 AM
boolala
Race Car

My laser diffuser doesn;t have to "jam" the beam at 6000 feet for me to be able to slow down in time. All that needs to happen is for my laser/radar detector to pick up the signal. A cop cannot make a visual identification at that distance. BTW laser beam spread is 1/6 of 1 degree or 0.003 radians. At 6000 feet that would give you a beam width of about 18 feet preventing the cop (even if he could see you) from singling out your vehcicle from the one in the adjacent lane.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
P-Car944
Banned

No it doesnt but it does show the jamming power...The last K40 laser jammer I tested was a shop up in lynnwood, Wa. and the K40 dealers truck had the K40 Defuser on his front plate. It was very nice day and we did some testing on the side of the road next to his Stereo store. The road was flat and was 1,010 feet coming out of the turn. We did a few base runs with his jammer off. Then with his jammer on I told him to drive the way he normally drive since he thinks he jammer works. The PSL was at 40mph and he came around the corner and I hit him with my laser atlanta center mass and I picked him off at 976 feet at 53 mph. He pulled over and was not happy the results thinking his K40 would jam me with no problem. Lets just say he went back to work pissed off and was not happy. If I was a cop he would have recieved a ticket because the K40 laser jammer was ineffective.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Look, some of us JUST have the "detector" NOT the "Jammer".

Bottom line, mine works just damn fine! I-95 between Stamford and Darien, State Trooper with laser gun off at 90 degrees so he can aim it down the highway.

I was in the third lane. If you see my avatar, I trust I got the Troopers attention and was shot at. K-40 warble went off. In no time did the Trooper move from the area to proceed to give chase and a ticket.

Maybe one day some of us who have the K-40 w/o the jammer will find a unbiased firm to run a few tests. Someone who does not have a opinion pro or con, just facts.

In fact, I think I'll contact K-40 one day and inquire if they have heard of your claims and data. I'm sure they would be interested if you have solid data.

At this point, I'd tread lightly as to how you "test" and "comment" on a specific product in a public forum.

So, for some of us, we enjoy the K-40, like how well it is installed, how well it works etc. Those of you who may have a preference to another detector, good for you! Whatever works for you and you're happy with it, why bother listening to rubbish? Enjoy and drive!!!

There will always be something better, newer etc. so upgrade when you want, but get accurate data first, ask others who have upgraded and then choose if this is for you.

I'm sure this thread will be going on for some time. Just drive for now, worry later!

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: K40 Calibre Experience