Sponsored by:

39.5k...high bid for nice '05 Carrara

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 39.5k...high bid for nice '05 Carrara

That's the "high-bid" on a lightly optioned, '05 carrara. I guess money isn't as important to me as it once was, because tomorrow I'm tryin' to buy an '06 "S". This kind of stuff is scary to me. (I'm used to making money, not spending it, that's the only way I've ever found to have any!). But, oh well...I'm 48, single, and have had a life long love affair w/ these cars,...so "c'est la vie!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O5-PO...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-16-2007, 01:42 AM
98carrera4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the big deal? The reserve wasn't met for this car (which means it didn't sell at $39,500).
Old 05-16-2007, 01:56 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dgcate
That's the "high-bid" on a lightly optioned, '05 carrara. I guess money isn't as important to me as it once was, because tomorrow I'm tryin' to buy an '06 "S". This kind of stuff is scary to me. (I'm used to making money, not spending it, that's the only way I've ever found to have any!). But, oh well...I'm 48, single, and have had a life long love affair w/ these cars,...so "c'est la vie!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O5-PO...QQcmdZViewItem
If you're going to have a life long love affair start by loving them enough to learn the name of the car. The name is "Carrera", which means "race" in Spanish, not Carrara, which is a type of white Italian marble.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:47 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks for the correction...

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
If you're going to have a life long love affair start by loving them enough to learn the name of the car. The name is "Carrera", which means "race" in Spanish, not Carrara, which is a type of white Italian marble.

To experienced Rennlist Members

Third – If you are a “Rennlist Member” – please remember, there was a time that you weren’t either. What made you choose to become a Member? Why? Chances are – it wasn’t from a verbal beating, but rather – you wanted to become part of something pretty cool. So, if folks aren’t a Rennlist Member – that’s fine! They will if, they too, experience what it is you already participate within and would like to share that same excitement.

And Finally Please remember - this site is open to anyone – as long as they share the passion and enthusiasm about the car, the community and the site. Together - let’s make them feel “Welcome”!!!

Last edited by dgcate; 05-16-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:43 AM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 98carrera4S
What's the big deal? The reserve wasn't met for this car (which means it didn't sell at $39,500).

No, it didn't sell. But, what I thought was more important was not what the seller was asking for that car, but rather, the small amount anyone's willing to pay for the car, that's all. Maybe on a "relist", it'll bring 75k, who knows.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
MrMetrx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
HAHAHA
Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

No, it didn't sell. But, what I thought was more important was not what the seller was asking for that car, but rather, the small amount anyone's willing to pay for the car, that's all. Maybe on a "relist", it'll bring 75k, who knows.
It will if you bid it.....
I'm 48, single, and have had a life long love affair w/ these cars
Long distance "life long love affairs w/these cars" don't count much here. Up close and personal is where it really gets exciting....

I'm used to making money, not spending it, that's the only way I've ever found to have any!
Folks on this forum typically enjoy what their hard earned money represents, by affording them the pleasures of their dreams and not dwelling so much on the journey.....

Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Part of the reason for this low bid may be the fact that the seller has a 98% rating, and the one negative feedback accuses him of forgery which was reported to authorities. Your reputation is your life on ebay, and that's a serious complaint.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 AM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

dgcate:
I tried to sell my '05 997 on ebay too. I noticed there are a lot of people on there who expected to pick up a car for REAL cheap. I mean they they think you are ready to just give it away for way less than wholesale. But there are the "watchers" there who are waiting for the auction to be over so they can make you an offer outside e-bay. I think e-bay is more like a tool to find interested buyers rather than make a sale. I did get a few serious offers in the low 60's for my 05 moderately optioned carrera after the auction . ButI decided to keep my car in the end because i just couldnt part with it just yet...dont like anything else out there right now.

But dont worry about what is going on on ebay. There are people out there who are willing to pay fair market price.

Keep in mind most cars DONT sell on e-bay any way. Just check out the completed listings on e-bay. There you can see actual selling prices and all those cars that didnt sell (most of them).
Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

sharmat, Very well said.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dgcate,

Since no one else said it... Welcome to Rennlist a place where Porsche lovers, owners and admirers alike can co-mingle and share ideas. Hopefully you will find and learn a lot about the car that you want to own someday here. And most of all, enjoy the search for the car that will fulfill your dreams.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
wetstuff
Pro

I sold my wife's NewBeetle in 48hrs to a woman five hrs. away off Ebay ...and will probably use it as exposure when we get ready to sell our 01 Boxster. I think it useful if you are presenting something of very high value - not necessarily price. I do not allow bidding: it only invites Dollar Store shoppers.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
mzn50
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tried to sell my M5 on Autotrader.. got one woman from 4000km away wanting me to post it for a fee in a local paper..??.. ok whatever.. that was the only call..

I then tried ebay.. got 20 odd responses and 2 offers.. sold it a couple bills below what i was hoping but still worked.. ebay is a great system me thinks !
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
dD/dt
Racer

wetstuff, you only do a 'buy it now' price?

mzn, same here. I sold my '88 911 hardtop through cars.com. The first try was autotrader, and I got nothing but those scam emails where everything is misspelled. cars.com had a bunch of those too, but I found a buyer at least.

Quick Reply: 39.5k...high bid for nice '05 Carrara