Sponsored by:

Dealer Pet Peev!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 08:28 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Default Dealer Pet Peev!

So annoying....!

Went to my local P dealer to just check out some P design stuff. The sales guy comes outside, tells me how they could give me a great price for my C4S if I would consider switching to a turbo they have in stock. I ho hummed a bit and asked how much for mine... the guy pulls out his notepad and plonks it on the trunk of my car and starts jotting some details. He does this on the roof as well!!!! My point is that he could have scratched the paint and he couldn't care less! Frigging twit! He then goes on to tell me that the car is in great condition! Sorry but I take great care in looking after my car and may be a bit sensitive about tossers plonking their crummy notepads on my car but it infuriates me.

Ah well thats my rant for the day. Time for a cooling off

Dealers should know better.
Old 05-07-2007 | 08:49 PM
StickShift964
Race Car

you have all the right to be annoyed by that...I would have said something myself to the guy if i was there with ya
Old 05-07-2007 | 09:05 PM

Agreed.

So what was the great offer he finally came up with?
Old 05-07-2007 | 09:19 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i would whip out my hvy brief case plop in on his head and jot some notes. i am not kidding. i have done that a few times, and occasionally my magic markers goes off the paper and writes over their head, face and suits.
Old 05-07-2007 | 09:23 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Originally Posted by Haku
So annoying....!

Went to my local P dealer to just check out some P design stuff. The sales guy comes outside, tells me how they could give me a great price for my C4S if I would consider switching to a turbo they have in stock...

Dealers should know better.
Best way to get even is to test drive his turbo all day and let him sweat to give you the best deal possible. You'll either love the turbo and make a deal or walk away and feel better about what you already have.
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:16 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 500
Agreed.

So what was the great offer he finally came up with?
Well he hasn't yet... he's waiting for me to fax him my original sticker... apparently the link to the P computer was down and he couldnt check my car options based on the VIN #.

I'm in no mad rush to sell and would only do it if the hit isn't to severe. He said that C4S's were in short supply and he probably already has a buyer for mine. I'm going with my theory that dealers will always screw you on a part exchange.

mooty, unfortunatly at the time I was in cringe mode and was speechless... and I had no briefcase! I can now fully understand why people state that they'd rather not let the dealers detail or wash their car. dealers know bugger all about looking after these cars.

Sharpttt, your suggestion sounds so tempting. They guy was will to let me take their showroom tt for a few hours. It's already got 45 miles on it and thats the one they expect me to buy... hmmm.

They're not a bad dealer, just that this salesman is no P enthusiast and doesn't realise that a lot of P owners are VERY sensitive about their pride and joy.

I just washed & waxed the car and found no scratches... am relieved. Still annoyed at the guy though.
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:21 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Haku,

Don't hold your breath.. In my experience, salesman will say anything to sit down and run the numbers on your car. They can even work the depreciation on your last car "upside down", into the payments on your new car, while you finance the depreciation on both...

I have never seen a dealer come up with a good number on a trade like this.. And they always say the same thing, "Oh, we need C4S right now..." , Yeah right, like they don't need Turbo's....

B
Old 05-08-2007 | 09:01 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

I would have bitch slapped the little twit!
Old 05-08-2007 | 11:34 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gota911
I would have bitch slapped the little twit!
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:23 PM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

I would have also not been happy. I know when I took my car to Manheim Porsche here in Germany after they did the service they washed my car, only problem being they have that spinning car wash which I avoid since it puts those little fine scratches in the paint. So their good deed cost me 1.5 hours of polishing and waxing with my Porter.
Old 05-08-2007 | 02:24 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Originally Posted by B-Line
Haku,

Don't hold your breath.. In my experience, salesman will say anything to sit down and run the numbers on your car. They can even work the depreciation on your last car "upside down", into the payments on your new car, while you finance the depreciation on both...

I have never seen a dealer come up with a good number on a trade like this.. And they always say the same thing, "Oh, we need C4S right now..." , Yeah right, like they don't need Turbo's....

B
Precisely. Now if you're in the market for a new car, different story, because (at least for me) when you've got that new car bug, it's pretty hard to resist. But absent a strong desire to trade into a Turbo, they certainly aren't going to "need" your car, such that you can expect a trade in value you cannot refuse. But it's only money
Old 05-09-2007 | 12:21 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul S.
Precisely. Now if you're in the market for a new car, different story, because (at least for me) when you've got that new car bug, it's pretty hard to resist. But absent a strong desire to trade into a Turbo, they certainly aren't going to "need" your car, such that you can expect a trade in value you cannot refuse. But it's only money
No not holding my breath and certainly not hankering for a change as I'm more than happy with my C4S now that its finally run in and loosening up so nicely.

They guy left a message for me to call him back. Havn't had time to do that... maybe tomorrow.

So, the concensus is that the guy should be klonked with a briefcase and just for good measure, bitch-slapped a wee bit! Poor sod! Any other little addons?
Old 05-09-2007 | 01:41 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

You have every right to be PO'd! My other pet peeve is the low end idiots they hire to jockey cars around the lot and do the 50 cent car washes, scratching your paint in the process.

Whenever doing anything with a dealer, I always keep in mind that, to them these cars are nothing but commodities! Good point of view to keep in mind.

I'd get even by going for a LONG test drive, and driving the crap out of that Turbo.
Old 05-09-2007 | 01:59 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

the long test drive will just end up hurting another porsche owner...i wouldnt do that. From personal experience, please dont go and beat on a turbo just to get "back" at the retard dealer.
Old 05-09-2007 | 04:37 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

^please.

Quick Reply: Dealer Pet Peev!