997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Depressed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007 | 05:22 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Engine failures.......no spare tire........unprotected a/c condensor in the front.......

Am I missing anything else?

Why don't these things worry me when I'm driving?
Old 05-04-2007 | 05:55 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Holli82

Why don't these things worry me when I'm driving?
Why should they? How can you think of failures when you're smiling like a Cheshire Cat?
Old 05-04-2007 | 07:18 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

The only thing I ever worry about with this car is getting too many speeding tickets. I've waited a long time for Porsche to build a 911 that looks and runs like the 997S and I'll keep mine for a long time.

Since anyone who has one already owns one of the strongest anti-depressants on the face of the earth, if you're still depressed after driving this car, get some medical help.
Old 05-04-2007 | 10:51 PM
jerryrice
Advanced

Originally Posted by clutchplate

Since anyone who has one already owns one of the strongest anti-depressants on the face of the earth, if you're still depressed after driving this car, get some medical help.
OK guys , tried to be civil for the most part, initial post was actually a real concern, but its irrelevent, forums are always rather interesting, one has no idea who you are talking to and or background or issues. For the guys that were were normal thanks, For all the A-Holes , grow up and get a life, but continue to flame as I would expect you to, don't dissapoint your fellow flamers, but I won't be reading it anyway, rather go out drive and have some fun today. Think the best anti-depressent is to cancel my membership vs taking meds

Jen Munson <jen@rennlist.net> wrote:
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 19:57:05 -0400
To: jerry west <xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Rennlist Membership Confirmation

done...

jerry west wrote:

> Hi:
> Is there anyway to cancel my membership, just joined a few days ago, but the forum is definately not for me, to many people on it that
> argue and talk absurd.
> Thanks.
>
>
> */Jennifer Munson /* wrote:
>
3, 2007
>
> RLM#: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Thank you for becoming a Rennlist Member and if you are renewing with us we thank you as well for your continued support. Your Rennlist membership helps to defray the costs associated with operating this site as well as enables us to maintain the forums without pop up windows and other nuisance advertising.
Old 05-05-2007 | 12:10 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Originally Posted by npp
Chris --
How much was the 7/100,000 warranty for your 997s? I'm interested in extending my warranty.

06 997s
14500 miles
not a single problem ..... yet.
I want to say it was about $3K - bumper to bumper. It was cheaper than the extended warranty on my S4!!
Old 05-05-2007 | 01:15 AM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chill out, Mr. Rice. You gotta expect some people to react this way if you infer anything negative about Porsche on a Porsche enthusiast site.
Old 05-05-2007 | 01:59 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I want to say it was about $3K - bumper to bumper. It was cheaper than the extended warranty on my S4!!
I paid $1650 for 7/ 70,000 with $100 deductible. I knew I won't drive the car that much so I selected the 70,000miles. My wife's MB R500 on the other hand cost over $3.5K for the same coverage.
Old 05-05-2007 | 04:16 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jerryrice
initial post was actually a real concern
Your initial post was a troll-like provocation and nothing else. Don't blame us for pointing out that you were making false statements in that post. Those false statements created the conflict.

And grow up, man, quit your childish behavior; your 44 posts so far have not provided any value to this forum. So quit whining and start contributing.
Old 05-06-2007 | 01:23 AM
Mark1996
Rennlist Member

Ok this thread is almost dead. But, here is my two cents: I have had my 997 for 6 months and have driven it 6000 miles as a daily driver. The car has been and is perfect. Zero issues.

To those who say "they don't build em like they used to", I say "Thank God for that." My air conditioner works and cross winds do not blow me all over the freeway. If you like the older 911's, then go out and buy a restored early seventies model for about $45k. They are great cars but you will not want to drive it everyday.

Why did we spend gobs of money on our new 911's? The car has character and an increbile history. Last but not least, the 911 is super reliable and requires very little maintenance. Which other super cars have 20,000 mile service intervals?
Old 05-10-2007 | 09:17 PM
M491
Racer

a 997, while a nice production sports/GT car, is not in the category of a "super car."
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:18 PM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

I've looked at 2 to buy in the last 4 months....

1) An '03 red/tan targa w/ 22k mi. Had engine replaced at 17k miles.

2) An '06 red/tan "S" with 3500 mi. since new. Had engine replaced already.

I see this as both...pathetic, AND, they're still fun cars that I still want.
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:28 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by jerryrice
What does the future hold for my engine. Seems like roulette and am waiting for a engine disaster to unfold. So many postings on engine failures, engine rebuilds, engine replacements, worthless dealers, and on and on. and all this with minimal mileage and within the warrenty period. The engine does not even have that much HP in todays market. Does not make me want to keep the car past the warrenty. Doubt I would ever purchase another porsche. Seems crazy to even think about a used one given the engine issues. Seems like way to many catastrophic events that people talk about on this board vs just the normal nitnoid problems you see on other manufacturers boards. Assume the average number of board members having issues is the same as the general population of 911 owners.

Its pooring rain outside today, maybe thats why I'm in a blue funk mode and contemplating the worst case scenario for my engine, although it seems to be OK, who knows I may start it tomorrow with black soot coming out of one side and a puddle of oil on the ground. What a depressing day it is
Jerry, you simply need three nights in Amsterdam. Get laid over and over again while enjoying the lightness of spirit brought on by eating a sandwich bag full of 'shrooms.

Take three hookers and call me in the morning.

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 05-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2007 | 12:51 AM
malammik
Racer

Amen to that
Old 05-12-2007 | 01:12 AM
jerryrice
Advanced

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Jerry, you simply need three nights in Amsterdam. Get laid over and over again while enjoying the lightness of spirit brought on by eating a sandwich bag full of 'shrooms.

Take three hookers and call me in the morning.
Dudes , I paid my $32 , then cancelled it, to many immature morons here, especially " malammik" who is by far the most immature P car owner on the board, but his simpleton brain is good for comic relief.

Right now I'm in Asia, LBFM's everywhere. you can have Amsterdam. If you have to ask what an LBFM is, you have yet to live, and need to get your pipes cleaned.
Old 05-12-2007 | 01:40 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

enjoy the trannies

Quick Reply: Getting Depressed